- The copycat -

Chapter eight

-

Yesterday was confusing. No, he was confusing. Boys are confusing! My emotions are confusing!

Okay, fine, so maybe I was aware ignoring him could earn me attention, it was a risk I took because it was fun knowing I could insult him by doing so, that his egotistical value of himself would be wounded, but I didn't expect that.

A public insult? Yes, I could see that happening, or maybe him not quizzing, worrying or caring about my sudden week's worth of disinterest, right, that would also make sense. Perhaps even hooking up with a random girl in front of me, you know, doing bitter, snide things like that, but to drag me into an absent classroom to say some intense stuff?

Yeah, that definitely wasn't on my be–prepared for list.

Theo really was unpredictable, when he wanted to be. Can't say the same for some of the things he says though, like me apparently being "desperate" for him or his "do that again" threats. Ha. I doubt he'll ever actually do anything, that'll be the day.

To be fair, I partly done it to myself, but again, how does he a hundred percent know I was ignoring him on purpose? Which means, there's a possible what if question to ask here. What if he'd still give this reaction if I REALLY didn't care?

I guess the point was, it doesn't matter what I do, he's annoyed that we're mates, and any reaction I give will either result in me being ridiculed, scolded or potentially doomed with his chase until I give in and give him what he wants, and what I think he wants is for me to cave in and break.

Why? That I couldn't answer.

All this says to me is that he does't like being treated like he can just be tossed to the side and forgotten about, hence his displeasure towards me ignoring him and he certainly doesn't like receiving the impression that he's not significant enough to be chased after or missed. If I say so myself.

Oh my gosh, maybe he is so use to getting everything he wants that now that he can't have something, he suddenly wants it! Like those grubby children, they see a toy they can't have anymore, and then they want it, only so later, they can damage and destroy it.

Well, I am not here to be destroyed!

Then again, aren't I implying that he wants me? Which... wouldn't be right, since he's made nothing but points on how he doesn't want me as a mate.

Right?

Dear Moon, make this make sense for me!

Anyway, being back at school today, there was something noticeable and different in the air. Maybe it was just because I didn't have time to shower this morning, but no one was shooting me dirty looks and pinching their nostrils as they passed me.

So, I shrugged it off.

When I entered history, my first period of the day, I was surprised to see Theo already sitting down in the back row, early for a change. Now that was a surprise, he waltzed about this school like it was his very own home so the fact that he was early was noticed.

I couldn't even dodge his stare which immediately met mine the minute I stepped into the room. He had this glint in his eyes, a certain look... Almost promising? Knowing? Either way, I didn't trust it.

I immediately glanced away. I needed to pretend he didn't exist and remind myself that he wasn't worth my time. After all, it was alarming to me that I was beginning to constantly be distracted at home by thoughts of him.