- Kitchen bench -

-

Flabbergasted.

Yes, I threw that odd, peculiar word out there. I said it! Honestly, how else could I describe my emotions? Theo was inside my house, while I stood like a still fish outside. Staring. Blinking. Lips apart and my body unmoving.

I took a step forward, hesitant on what to do. He glanced at me over his shoulder, standing in the entry hall with raised eyebrows.

"Get inside."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Good idea, I'll do that, and you'll get outside."

He only shook his head, as if I was being ridiculous and childish, and glanced away from me, taking off his jacket.

"Close the door."

"You're really bossy you know that?" I muttered, clicking the door shut behind me, but not because he told me to do it... well, at least I don't think so.

He 'hummed' in agreement, hanging his jacket over his shoulder and turning to me.

"Um..." Was my best response.

"Yes?" He casually raised a brow, watching me watching him. "Is there something you want to say?"

"Not really," I frowned. "I mean... it's just... You of all people are in my house."

"'You of all people'," He tilted his head. "And you call me mean."

"But that's just it," I pushed my head forward. "You've always been mean."

Seriously? I know I (kinda) got him back by publicly embarrassing him in the cafeteria, mirroring what he done to me, and yeah, fair enough, he hasn't actually done anything overly terrible and threatening to me since, after all, you'd think revenge would be something on his mind, but that doesn't change a thing.

He's still not the nicest person out there.

On mentioning that memory, I don't think what I had done to him had the same effect, in terms of the public's reaction, as it did when he first done it to me that one terrible lunch.

When I done it to him, shock was the main reaction. When he done it to me, humiliation and mockery was the result.

They didn't tease him the way they did me. They didn't laugh and join in on making fun of him. The girls tried to spoil him with their unwanted attention, the guys acted like it didn't happen and I, well, I was oddly left alone. All but from one person, Theo.

As well as that, by the time I decided to dish out the same medicine, people were already use to Theo and I budding heads and fighting. So it made no difference, because yes, when he first rejected me in front of everyone, it was at the beginning, when people weren't use to it.

Now, people didn't care as much. Teachers weren't invested enough to talk about it, students knew not to spread word outside school or else face the wrath of Theo's promising threats and the office ladies weren't told at all because they were worse than the gossip girls in my grade. However, there was only so long till word would get out, beyond school grounds, and make news across the entire pack. That's what I was fretting.

"You weren't complaining when you were sitting on my lap."

I gasped, my cheeks going red. "Shut up!"

He smirked. "I know a way you can make me."

"Did you smoke weed?" His smirk faded as he looked at me in confusion.