- Problematic -

-

There was only one word to use to summarise this situation.

Uncomfortable as hell!

Okay, so that was three words... But still.

Lost for words, I was sat across from Alpha Lance and his bride to be, Amber, where the sound of knives and forks scraping against our dinner plates was all that could be heard, and the faint sound of chewing.

I don't think anyone had said anything for the past five minutes.

How... awkward. That was another great word to use to describe this dinner.

Awkward and uncomfortable.

There were only so many 'congratulations' I could say to them before acting completely fascinated by my plate and the remaining broccoli that I was stabbing with my fork.

When Theo had told me a few days ago that they're getting married in two weeks, I couldn't believe it. I still can't. Two weeks isn't even enough time to finish an essay let alone plan a marriage. Why the damn rush?

Speaking of Theo, I could feel his hand rested on my knee.

It was hard not to get déjà vu towards the last dinner I shared with his father and Amber. Only now, knowing what I know, it was difficult for me to keep my disdain in check. I get it now, why Theo was so obvious with his hatred towards the both of them.

Seeing them acts so lovey-dovey, the giant sparkly engagement ring on her finger.... it was all so overwhelming and disgusting.

"So, Cora. We appreciate you coming down for dinner."

"Oh, it's no problem at all." I said to Lance, wiping the corner of my mouth with a napkin. "Thanks for having me." Can I go up to Theo's room now?

"Always. You're apart of this family. You always will be." He smiled at me. I hate how easy he makes being polite come across even when fabricated. Must admit, it was impressive, I'll give him that.

Regardless, despite how much he told me he cared for Theo, it was hard to respect him seeing him hold hands with his son's ex. If what he said about protecting Theo from Samuel were true, especially after my last interaction with him where he acted like a sketchy creep luring victims into the woods, I'd be more forgiving towards him BUT that is one good deed, it doesn't eliminate all the other shit he has or is doing.

Like this shit, right now. Choosing a girl over his son's trust and loyalty? That's not right.

Don't even get me started on her. I despise looking at her. For what she did to Theo and the fact that she has the audacity to keep glancing at him.

About ready to stab her eyes with my fork.

Not literally, of course...

"As you know, it will be in two weeks time from today." I nodded at him. "And since you're apart of this family, I was hoping you would accept being the maid of honour."

My mouth fell.

What the fuck?

No way.

"Absolutely not," Theo spoke for me.

I glanced at Amber. She wore a sad look on her face when she witnessed our reaction. My frown grew heavy as I watched her gaze dip down to the table. Why the hell would she want me as her maid of honour?

I can barely plan my morning let alone help plan a damn marriage? Also, doesn't she hate me? I'm dating her ex and she wants me to... Yeah, I don't get it.