- sudden emotions -

"Thank you for dinner," I thanked Lance and Amber as we had excited the dining room. Theo wasn't far behind, following us out into the hallway.

It thankfully wasn't an awkward dinner. Minus my irritation with Amber's peering eyes, it went a lot better than I expected.

"Absolutely," He confirmed, looking at me. "I am delighted that of all girls it is you who is mates with my son," He sounded sincere as he gently rested a hand on my shoulder.

"Thank you," I softly smiled up at him, surprised by his compliment.

I still can't believe this is the same man who saw me in a fight where I insulted another girl's coochie. How embarrassing.
I don't support physically shaming anyone but Melanie was always cruel and I mean always! It was fair, I'd say.

Speaking of Melanie, I still haven't seen her...

I tensed as I felt Theo's body brush against my back.

Suddenly aware to his presence, my mind repeated his words about his three strikes comment that was said earlier.

Grabbing my arm and saying, "c'mon." He drew me away from his dad, towards the staircase.

Saying a final goodnight to the two left standing in the hall, I let Theo lead me up the stairs, my eyes scanning the bare wall for baby photos. There was none. Now that's surprising, egotistical Theo has no photos of himself?

Amused by my own thought, Theo introduced me to a decent sized room, clicking the door shut behind him as I halted, gazing at the clean space.

He wasn't kidding, his room really was clean and tidy. Makes my room look like a filthy dumpster with rats partying in it. 

I halted to a stop, staring around at the space.
He had a dark wooden desk in the corner, I could see a photo frame of his mum and him on the desk beside a laptop, a book and a plain table lamp. It was sweet that he had a photo of her. He loved his mother dearly.

Glancing away, my eyes fell on his bed.

It had to at least be a queen sized bed, if not king. Nice...

Covered in black sheets and centred in the middle of the room, his headboard was pressed against the dark grey walls where a single poster of a drawing was. The room suited him a lot.

"Nice room," I said, spinning around to stare at him where he stood quietly behind me.

I took a step back when I caught the blank expression on his face. Holding my breath, I could only look back at his watchful eyes.

Despite the nervous stomach, there was a part of me that still fought the urge to cave in, wearing a look of attitude on my face and with a tone in my voice, I added fuel to the fire, saying, "Oh, you're mad?"

His lips parted to a slight extent, eyes narrowing at me.

I honestly couldn't help myself! On top of that, I think I was still feeling bothered by the whole stare attacks Amber was doing all night. Enough to add, "Oh, what a shame." With a fake pout, I rolled my eyes. "As miss Amber gave you heart eyes all night? Okay, make that make sense. Yet I talk to Daniel and it's caveman time!"