- jealousy stirs -

If I was more oblivious than how I appeared, I'd act unsure about Theo's scarily calm expression and watchful eyes but believe it or not, I wasn't that oblivious.

It was very obvious he was jealous or bothered by Daniel and I sitting beside one another and that, in itself, was exciting.

Very exciting.

Although. I had no intention of doing anything intentionally to rile him up. I didn't want to cause poor Daniel to be buried young, rip, nor did I want to ruin their friendship. It wasn't worth it over some petty game playing, even if it would be real fun for me to annoy Theo.

However, despite my –for–once good intentions, it seemed Daniel had a way of unintentionally putting me into situations that would, well, be the cause of his own death.

Not literally... I hope.

"Sorry," Daniel blushed, his head near my shoulder as he, in a rush, leant down to pick up the dropped fork. By doing so, his head almost slammed against my shoulder.

See what I mean? I'm trying my best not to give Theo reason and here poor Daniel is, unintentionally doing something that'll stir reaction and the worst part of all, the sweet guy was unaware of it.

Oh man, this cute fool is going to land me in trouble.

Wait a minute...

Come to think of it, I don't think it's very fair nor healthy to feel like you'll be in trouble for simply talking to someone. That's stupid and boy I'd be more stupid than normal–Cora–level– of stupid if I abided by that!

I doubt Theo would have an issue if it was publicly known to others that he and I were together but that's not the case, so maybe, he should... oh I don't know, man up and announce it?

After all, technically speaking in the eyes of others, Theo and I were still single, a broken mate-ship which was actually developed because of his doing in the first place! So he has no one to blame but himself for Daniel thinking I'm not off limits.

I'm sure others aware of the situation can probably pick up on the interactions and stares between Theo and I, but that doesn't mean much until it's clearly stated that we're together.

So maybe I should stop fearing a reaction from him and just do what I want.

Like, talk to another male if I want to. Which, I will. If he has a problem, he can do something about it. Its not like I'm flirting so it's silly to carry on the way he is.

My little evil smile dropped when I realised my parents were addressing me.

"Pardon?"

"We were just telling Mrs Jackson about your grades," My mother smiled.

My smile definitely remained fallen as I tried hard not to frown. My grades? I've got nothing but D's and on the rare occasion, a C. What are they talking about, as if I'm an A level student? Ha!

I've barely studied over these past few months. My grades have dropped completely and it is not like I'm some genius who can achieve good grades despite a lack of study, pft. So what are they even on about?

"Ah yes, my grades," I awkwardly grinned.

"She's such a smart girl," my dad said. I glared at my brother, hearing him snort at my dad's words.

I am smart... just not the smartest when it comes to remembering factual information.

"Just like her mother," My dad added, winking at my mum.