- wrong attire -

Stars in the midnight sky catching my eye, I kept my head tilted back, thinking about my little interaction with Mario that happened twenty minutes ago.

I can't help but like the guy even if he's a shitbag that gets me in trouble.

Hearing the boys still chatting beside me, I wrapped myself up in Mario's jacket. May as well, since he offered. I am NOT freezing my buds off out here because the weather decided to turn windy and cold.

Both John and Nelson mentioned to me that they also weren't sure who Felix was talking to  and damn, did I want to be a nosy bitch! However as much as I wanted to desperately find out, I had to respect his time and his privacy. IF he needed a friend to rescue him he would have texted me on my phone..

Speaking of phones, mine started to ring. Staring at the lit up screen, I froze.

It was Theo.

Ha, nope, buh bye! He's allowed to ignore me on the phone after dropping a bomb shell but be angry at me for not answering him whenever he calls? No thank you, he can wait.

I'm here to enjoy my night.

To enjoy the atmosphere a party brings, with my friends.

Most importantly, to distract myself from the trivialities of life, though I can't really call what my parents did to me as trivial... or what's happened to Theo in his past but hey, it sure helps to downplay the seriousness of the overall situation!

Seeing the time, I was amazed it was already one thirty in the morning. The party was still kicking off, though it was much quieter outside.

Key word being "was".

Nelson and John's conversations silencing and our eyes widening, we looked at the stocky figure stumbling out of the glass door that was roughly slid open.

A cheesy, sloppy grin spreading across Rodrick's face, his drunk, dazed eyes landed on us. He reeked of alcohol. Making some weird noise, I wore a confused look on my face as the noise reminded me off the sounds Mongo from Shrek two makes. Actually... I can see the similarities.

"I'm free!" He proceeded to grin, somehow managing to still stand upright despite the slight wobble.

Good moon he was wasted!

Also was he... sleeping while standing?

Nope, never mind, he's back.

Eyes heavily opening, Rodrick deeply sighed. "They think I'm not sober.."

"You're not," I raised a brow at him, hiding a smile. "You fell asleep just then Rodrick."

"Call me rodders...." he sloppily winked.

I pulled a face at him. "Rodders?"

"That's-" leaning forward like he was Jack sparrow, pointed a finger at his chest, adding, "me."

"Okay?"

Scoffing, he tried to straighten before glancing at the open door, which now had another person coming through it.

Mario.

"For fuck sucks, Rodrick. Bro drink some water." Frown lines on his forehead, he stared at his friend with a tired stare.

"Yucky!"  Rodrick grimaced before running down the two steps of the wooden deck, onto the grass like he had a destination. A destination to the floor apparently.  

Not getting far, he tripped over his own foot, a loud, 'oomph' escaping his mouth as he collided with the grass. At least it was a soft landing...

"Christ," I muttered under my breath, standing up from the wicker chair and sharing a look with Mario. Following Mario, we both approached where Rodrick's large body was lying on the ground. Damn... must've knocked himself out. Part of me wanted to laugh but the other part of me wanted to help.