- Steady glance -

Chapter fourteen

-
  He was still sitting on my couch, even after I showered, changed and was ready to go.

Unbelievable!

"Come on, Felix, let's go."

"Wait wait, let me just..." He didn't even care to finish his sentence as he continued to focus on the FPS game he was playing. Here this boy was, sitting in my living room, telling me to wait. I sighed.

My brother and his girl were off camping, having cute bonfires and roasting marshmallows while I was left alone. Not that I minded, I had the house and fridge to myself!

Well, aside from today, since Felix has been lounging around from morning. Unfortunately we had a pack meeting to head off to, which is what I was waiting on Felix for. Yay! It was a total waste of time but sadly, obligatory. I glanced at the clock on the wall. Four fifty in the afternoon and we only had fifteen minutes till the meeting started.

Oh and what sucked was, I couldn't even dodge it or make up some clever excuse because my lovely brother just had to let it be known that I wasn't with him camping, so they could expect to see me at the meeting. What an asshole! I'll make sure to stab all his pillows for that.

Impatient, I approached the television stand and switched off the ps4. Felix was groaning in the background.

"It makes sense why you and Theo are paired!" He whined. "Evil!"

I shot him a sarcastic smile.

Over his little whinge, he paused and gave me a once over. "You look nice."

"You say that like you're surprised."

"I am," I gasped at his reply. He quickly added, "You don't like dresses."

"Yeah, well, I just felt like a change."

"Makeup too?" He innocently asked, tilting his head cutely.

I rolled my eyes. "I believe you're suppose to say 'you look great!' instead of asking questions, you bad friend."

Don't ask me what possessed me to dress this way, I have no idea. I like my skinny jeans and jumpers, bare face and miss matched socks, that was more me but, well, a change wasn't such a bad thing I guess.

"No, you do look nice," He nodded, standing and stretching. "Oh, bring a jacket, it's chilly out there." How caring of you Felix.

Smiling sarcastically, I murmured out, "Yes mum."

I forgot the jacket.

Damn it.

We had made it to the local spot; a community hall/centre where birthdays, celebrations and common... human stuff took place. Aside from tonight that is, but they don't need to know that. Also unfair, most of the people here were parents but unfortunately, I had to be here to replace my brothers gone presence. The car park was full by the time we arrived, most people entering through the open doors, greeted by two members stationed by the door.

"Hm... want to go back to mine?" I muttered, ready to spin on my heel and head straight back to the car. I can fake a pretty good cough if I need to.

"We can't," Felix plainly said. "We're spotted."

Shit face!

We both forced a smile as Maverick, one of the council leaders, approached us with large strides. He was really dedicated to that whole 'Army sergeant' image.