- It is what it is -

Chapter three

-
It was the very next day after the embarrassing ordeal I unfortunately endured in the hands of him! Yes, all because of Theo. He intentionally humiliated me, degraded me and disregarded me as a person all together.

All for what? I still didn't understand. Reputation? I wasn't that lame. To make it known he was single? For pleasure?

Yesterday, I had went home with my tail tucked between my legs, curled up on my bed and embarrassingly enough, cried my eyes out.

Yeah, I cried because of him...

For about a minute before I slapped myself in the face and told myself to toughen up.

Emotionally drained, I had to stand in front of my mirror like a narcissistic life coach, praising myself for why I'm too good for him. Giving myself a damn pep talk to help shrug away the creeping sadness, and instead, boost my mood and esteem.

Why should I cry over a rude piece of shit?

I didn't want to be with him either, but I would have NEVER done what he done. That was next level cruel. I could never.

So yeah, I embarrassingly yelled at my reflection and told myself that I deserve better and that I'm beautiful!

So, good riddance to him.

I dodged a bullet!

In fact, I should be celebrating. He was use to the sight of girls babbling and begging for his attention. The flirtatious words, desperate stares and little smiles always thrown his way from eager girls; it was all normal to him.

So who the heck wants to keep up with that? Not me. I don't have that energy and patience to deal with the thirst of others let alone be in a relationship.

He was too favoured and in the limelight, both intentionally and unintentionally, and I wanted no part in that lifestyle.

I didn't dare tell my brother what happened when I got home. I couldn't. My pride was bruised enough as it is, I couldn't afford my brother reacting with rage and wanting to murder Theo. It would only result in disaster.

Yeah, my brother and I may bicker and call one another names, like freak, but that didn't mean he didn't care. He'd go ape shit crazy and honestly, it wouldn't solve anything though it would be entertaining.

I also didn't talk to Felix about it. I went full pity party mode, switching my phone off completely and just isolating myself in my bedroom for the remainder of the night. I don't think I could handle discussing what happened without getting emotional.

I even contemplated running away, but I wouldn't seek attention like that. I didn't need to run away, this was my home and community as much as anyone else. I wasn't going to be that pathetic runaway, stirring a search party. I had my brother here, Felix, people who loved me and mattered.

They are what mattered, not Theo.

So, this morning, before school, instead of continuing the pity party and moping around, I woke up early, ate and went for a run in the woods. Energising myself to be ready for school today, because I just knew it was going to be an overwhelming day.