- Oh shit -

Chapter one

-
  A sound so heart wrenching... so deeply saddening and crushing pounded my eardrum. It was a torturous noise. An evil ringing that I wanted to ignore, and ignore it I will.

Yet, by the time I pressed 'stop', silencing the awful sound and closing my tired eyes, the door squeaked open, like some drunken tooth fairy finally retrieving a baby tooth 10 years late had personally entered my bedroom, ready for collection.

Too bad for them.

"Get up," A voice commanded. I kept my eyes shut and held my blanket tighter. For waking me up, he'll be the first person going into my death note journal!

There was a moment of silence until the voice added, "Get the hell up, fat ass."

So lovely. Siblings, got to love them.

I groaned, pushing the blanket aside and shooting Rick a glare. Not Rick from The Walking dead (god bless humans for creating that program) but Rick as in my older brother. Who wasn't deserving enough to be compared to TWD Rick.

"I'll be back in fifteen minutes to see if you're awake or not." He murmured. Even though I was pretty sure he'd forget to check up on me again, I still forced myself to sit up and stretch, yawning out a jumble of incoherent grunts while I heard my bedroom door close.

Hauling my feet out of my bed – not willingly mind you – I walked directly into my bathroom, carrying on with a morning routine that would put anyone to sleep if they watched it on YouTube. Showering, shaving legs to brushing my teeth, washing my face and changing clothes; it was all very "exciting."

Actually, the word exciting didn't deserve to be thrown around. Especially this early in the morning. It was another year back at school after the Christmas break, so who in their right mind would be concerned or bothered? Not this girl.

That motivational want to do well had already disappeared the third week in. It was obvious by the lack of heaviness weighing in on my bag, to my school books that started out neat but were now only filled with rushed, lazy writing. Loose sheets were also no longer being glued, instead tossed to the back of the book with crumbled corners while my pencil case emptied out.

I think I had about three pens left.

Frankly, it was just going to be another sane, boring year containing zero excitement, change or craziness, and I think I was okay with that.

I stared at my wardrobe, not really caring to stand out fashion wise, well, not in school anyway. I liked being plain, it was easy and comfortable, plus, It meant more room for dessert without fear my stomach would expand and burst a button.

Yanking up a pair of black skinny jeans, I threw a black sweater over my plain B cup bra and quickly plaited my brown hair. It was a medium shade of brown, though I was sure it was lighter when I was younger.

I didn't worry about makeup. It's not that I didn't like makeup, I did, but I just didn't desire to wear it daily. I only really made effort when I was going somewhere nice, which, was pretty rare.

Ready as best as I could be for the day, I headed down the carpeted staircase, making sure to grab my plain black backpack on the way down.