- Bite me -

Chapter eight

-

My fingers drummed against the table, my patience clearly thinning like my next door neighbours hair. For goodness sake, why do I have the impression this lady here, with her wild curls and manicured nails, was intentionally stalling my time to irritate me?

Sighing, I waited for her to finish up her search. I'm starting to consider signing out of this tiny school filled with my pack members and enrolling into a public school that humans attend. Might be a much better alternative.

Finally, after what felt like forever, she sighed and glanced up at me. "To change your classes this far into senior year, it's quite..."

"Stupid, yeah yeah," I nodded, ignoring the condescending expression on her face. "So, is it possible?"

"No."

My expression dropped. "What do you mean no?"

"No means no." Well at least she knows that.

"Thanks," I rolled my eyes and forced a smile. "But I'm aware a student was able to do it," She only raised a brow. "Theo Rörik. His schedule changed, I'm sure if he can do it, so can I."

"Look-"

"No, search his name," I pointed at the computer screen and nodded. "Please. See his previous timetable before the change, and give me that. I don't care."

Sighing, she started to type away, her nails making a clicking sound against the keyboard. I can't believe I arrived to school early today just to handle all this bullshit! Stupid Theo and the stupid, confusing effort he's gone to to annoy me.

It was to annoy me, right? Has to be, it's not like he done it so he can keep an eye on me... Why did my stomach stutter, as if that very thought excited me? No! It's a terrible thing!

Seriously though, how did he do it? To change his timetable this far into the school year? Wasn't it a messy process? Especially considering this was our final year?

"The both of you have the same grade level lessons aside from your electives, neither of you are AP students... that makes sense," I blinked at her mumble, which she covered up with a quick smile. "But, it's still a no."

"Wait, what!" I exclaimed. Who does women think she is, Simon Cowell? "Why?"

"It's too hard to change now."

"But Theo-" I was cut off.

"If you don't mind, there are other students waiting." Really? I glanced over my shoulder, only to see one student waiting. Either way, she wasn't going to give me what I wanted. Whatever, I'll come back in when another, better office lady takes over her place.

Huffing, I stared at her dull face and grumbled, "Great, another woman desperately crushing on him," I bitterly shot her a distasteful look. "Sorry, a grown woman should I say, also known as an adult, you're a bit creepy then, cya," I spun on my heel, rushing out of there and glaring at nothing.

That's SO unfair! Did he sell his body to get her to go along with him or something?

The fuck is this?

"What do you want?"

"Attitude, Cora." Why the heck was Theo, the uptight asshole, sounding smugly playful, with me of all people? And why the hell did he decide to stop me in the middle of the hall? Convenient for it to barely have any people lingering around too.