- Locked car -

Authors notes: pre-warning, this book will contain adult scenes.

Daniel didn't help with my mood, unfortunately.

He was nice to talk to, had a few laughs but the awkwardly sad and jealous I carried feeling still remained. I wanted to kick myself in the ass and man up, but I just couldn't find the energy to do so.

As the night was coming to an end, already midnight and everyone about ready to head home or continue their interactions elsewhere, I was just chilling and finishing conversations for the sake of it.

A silent moment between Daniel and I, he wore a hesitant look again on his face and I suddenly wanted to just shut my eyes and hold my breath.

Zoo wee mama, don't do this to me.

"Cora, about what we were talking about earlier.." I solemnly nodded, my lips sucked in, the action forcing a dimple on my cheek as I glanced at him, preparing for his next words. "I... I'm just curious because well... it seems like you and Theo have something more... I don't want to cross boundaries but if you're not together then-"

I couldn't let him go through with this. "Daniel..." I began, licking my lips as I considered my next words. "Theo and I are complicated, in a way that has us, well..." I shrugged a shoulder. "Kinda running back to one another. So, we are technically pursuing each other but not where it's set in stone that we're together."

I couldn't even tell if I was just saying words at this point or making any sense.

Hell I just confused myself. I'm so tired.

"Like... how do I say this," I took a breath. "Theo and I need to work things a lot of things out and we're trying to. Sorta. In a weird way..." very weird I suppose. "So I'm not really going to pursue anyone else in the meantime."

"Okay.." he nodded, looking upwards as he took in my words. He glanced back at me. "I understand and respect that, Cora. Theo is my friend, I wouldn't ever betray him in such a way. I definitely wouldn't put you into an uncomfortable situation either."

"Thank you," I gently smiled at him. "I really appreciate your honesty and respect. You're seriously a great guy, Daniel. Honestly."

He half smiled. "I try to be. Was raised well."

"It's good," I smiled at him.

"Yeah..." he bumped my shoulder with his. "I'm sure we can be friends still, at least."

"Of course."

"Awesome, and as a friend of yours Cora, I want to advise you to go home because you seem very tired."

I was feeling pretty drained to be honest, so I nodded my head, stretched my arms and stood up from the seat. "I may just do that, thanks again Daniel."

"Don't mention it."

Saying goodbyes to everyone, my parents already leaving earlier, I wandered outside with Felix by my side.

"What's wrong?" He muttered to me.

"Nothings wrong," I shrugged, disinterested.

"You know I know that something is in fact wrong."

"You know I know that you know something is wrong but I won't tell you right now."

"Yeah well... I know you know that I know that you know something is wrong and that you won't say but that you should."

I sighed.

"Yep, something is definitely off with you," he stopped and peered closer at me, his brown eyes appearing dark without light hitting them analysing my face like I'm an alien. "You don't give up that easily."