Shiba Hakkai x Reader

FROZEN

Have you even been so frustrated that you wanted to smack someone with a freaking chair with a note that says 'I LOVE YOU'? Well, you have. It was too frustrating how a man could be so dense and when you make a move on him, he'd automatically freeze on the spot or run for his life. Yuzuha, your best friend laughed at your pouting face. "Not funny at all!!" you grumbled as you had another failed attempt to get her younger brother's attention. "Why is he always like that?" you said as she laughed. "You know he's just a shy boy. Right?" she asked and you sighed. "We've been best friends for 2 years now and he's still avoiding me like I have a disease or something" you said feeling dejected.

Yuzuha smiled at you. She knew how serious you are when it comes to her baby bro but the problem is, her brother is too shy around girls even if he looks scary, he is still quite shy. One thing is for sure, Hakkai likes (f/n) too. He just needs a little push. She thought before patting your shoulder. You raised your brow at him. "I'll help you out" she smiled. "I want you to be my sister-in-law. So let's do plan A!" you giggled and nodded. "What is plan A?" you asked and she smirked. "Bake him some of your yummy cookies. I remember giving him one and he loved it" she suggested as you nodded. You were pumped to do this. After school, you went straight to the supermarket to buy your ingredients and went home. You began to bake the cookies and after a while, you were finally done. You looked at the (c/f) cooling on the side. "I'll take a bath first before packing it" you murmured as you went to your room to grab your towel and went to the bathroom to wash.

After taking a bath, you packed the cookies and smiled. You wrapped one for Yuzuha and one for Hakkai. The next day, you gave Yuzuha her share as she hugged you. "I love your cookies!" she beamed as she took one and ate it. Moaning as the soft cookie melted in her mouth. You laughed and she smirked. "Give it to him after school. He'll wait for me today since we're going out to buy some groceries" she said as you nodded. "I hope this works" you murmured fiddling with your fingers as she smiled. After class, Hakkai was waiting at the gate. "You can do this (f/n)!" Yuzuha cheered as you pumped yourself up. I can do this! You thought before approaching him and Yuzuha hid behind a tree. "Uhm... Hakkai-kun?" you called and he froze. "I- I'm... Here for you!" you said handing him the cookies but he just stared at you with a blank face before running away.

Yuzuha jumped out of the tree and ran towards you. She saw you frown looking to where Hakkai ran off to and sighed. "Please give it to him later Yuzuha. If he doesn't want it, you could eat it" you smiled as you walked with her to the groceries. "Let's do plan B?" you asked and she nodded. "Just freaking confess. Right?" you asked and she nodded. "Yup!" she beamed as you nodded. "But this will be my last attempt tho" you murmured as she frowned. "Don't look at me like that" you smiled. "It's just... I'm tired of getting rejected without even getting rejected. You feel me?" she looked at you confused. "I mean, he doesn't outright say it but you can see and feel it because of his actions" she nodded understanding what you meant. "This is the last before I'll let him go. My heart can't handle this anymore" you murmured as she patted your head. "I'll see you later Yuzuha" you smiled as you went on your way home while she went to the supermarket where Hakkai was waiting for her.

He saw her walking towards him before she stomped on his foot, hard. "Ouch!!!" he yelled as Yuzuha rolled her eyes. "Let me get this straight. Do you like her or not?" She asked as her brother looked confused. "(f/n)!! I meant (f/n)! Do you like her??" she asked again as Hakkai nodded. "I do..." he answered meekly as Yuzuha massaged her forehead. "Then why???? Why are you acting like that?" she asked as Hakkai avoided eye contact with her. "Just be honest damn it!" she growled. "What's the matter?" Mitsuya said popping out from the corner with Takemichi and Hina in tow. Hakkai looked at his captain silently pleading for help. "What did he do?" Mitsuya asked as Yuzuha glared at him. "Ask him and please talk some sense into your vice captain. I'll buy some groceries first" she said stomping to the store. The three who just arrived looked confused then waited for Hakkai to explain. He sighed before telling them what's been happening for quite a while now. Mitsuya looked at Hakkai and sighed. "So let me get this straight, Yuzuha's friend, (f/n), is in love with you and has been making moves on you for more than a year but you were either frozen or you'd run away from her?" Mitsuya summarized it and he nodded.