Chapter 4 Pressure

One week later....

Tensions between class 1A and 1Bseemed to be rising in spite of the cold weather. Momona was mocking everyone in the other class more and more. It was like his ego was becoming a higher and higher priority. TetsuTetsu was also becoming brash about class 1A even towards his work studies partner Kirishima. Fortunately for Kendo, not everyone in class 1B was distasteful of 1A. Although there was hope that 1B would be better this time around, there was still some caution towards becoming over confident. Most of that came from her.
As she walked back from her classes, Komori came up along side her. She was hugging her coat tightly as a light snow fell but was smiling a little too gleefully.
"I sure hope the camp will be warmer than here; its hard for me to grow any of my mushrooms in this weather."
"Unfortunately it may be chilly to say the least; no harm in hoping though."
"Kendo, I got to ask you something."
"Sure what's up?" Kendo replied in a surprised voice.
"So....you do know that TetsuTetsu has feelings for you?"
Kendo stopped; she had her suspicions before.
"Sort of; why are you asking?"
"You should go out with him; you two would make a great couple," Komori commented.
Kendo turned bright red and sputtered.
"I-I-really don't think-k that would work out!"
"Is it because of Midoriya?"
Kendo became even more red; Komori couldn't possibly know this early.
"Wha-what are you ta-talking about? Who's Midoriya," She stammered desperately.
"Come on, I've heard and seen you running with him the past few mornings; you seem pretty close with him."
Despite the cold weather, Kendo was sweating and blushing profusely.
"Its not what it sounds like!"
"It sounds romantic if you ask me," Komori said with a grin.
"Its just a coincidence of timing, that's all."
"Oh so you do know him after all huh?"
"Its nothing I swear!"
"Well if that is the case, just give TetsuTetsu a chance; I know he can be a bit strong-headed and brash at times but honestly, he's a good guy."
"We'll just see," Kendo replied; she was still shaking and blushing.
"But we all know you're crushing on Midoriya."
"KOMORI PLEASE!"
Komori was still grinning but backed away. By that point they were near the dorm entrance. Kendo darted away and straight to her bedroom.
"What have I gotten myself into..." she thought while collapsing onto her bed.
Midoriya was a very selfless and engaging guy. He cared more about others than himself and earned the respect of most. And his smile was so inspiring as well as his actions. Although not winning the sports festival (of course neither did she), he showed strength and a powerful quirk.
She sighed and gave up.
Kendo had a crush on Midoriya.