Chapter 55: Phase 3

The knives finally drew blood from Bakugo. She giggled as he grasped the wounded area.
Midoriya charged up One for All despite his confusion over All Might.
"Akane! Melissa! Lock yourselves in!" He shouted towards the lab room.
"What about you?!" Melissa replied.
"I'll be okay; do it!"
As the door slammed shut, Bakugo became more fired up and unleashed more howitzer shots at Himikio.
******
Three.
That's how many more people she could place under control. Queen Roach was strained already by issuing so many different commands regarding All Might. She watched as he leapt up onto a nearby building.
"That does it." She muttered.
All Might, clear a path straight to the building surrounded by the crowd.
She watched as he struggled with the pain and her influence taking over his body. The muscular hero leapt back down and charged towards the crowd.
"This is taking too long," Spinner said. "Toga should've been able to get the samples by now."
"It's only her against everyone else. What do you expect?"
"I hope she hasn't forgotten her back up plan."
"You mean a pair of spare clothes?"
"No."
******
Deku and Bakugo continued to hold off Toga but their injuries were taking a toll.
She was still partially Kendo but the melting was evident and......distracting for both of them.
As her victim's form, she was able to enlarge her fists and smack into both of her opponents.
"WHERE IS SHE?!" Deku cried.
"STOP WORRYING ABOUT YOUR GIRLFRIEND DEKU! FOCUS ON KILLING THIS BRAT!"
Suddenly, she threw a blue marble onto the ground. Instantly, it turned into another familiar villain.
Mr. Compress.
"Oh great , you again," Bakugo muttered.
Full of revenge anger, he unleashed dozens of his howitzer shots at the newest arrival.
In the midst of all the fighting, no one had realized that something else was hit. In a matter of seconds, the ceiling began to cave in all around them. The floor was becoming unstable and shaking.
"Here's a special trick!" Mr. Compress shouted at Bakugo and Deku.
Everything then went dark.
******
The building began shift as if it were about to collapse.
"What the...?" Spinner said.
"Crap! Go get Toga and the target out of there; I'll maintain crowd control."
"We just needed some blood samples! Alright I'll do it..."
She watched as he jumped down and darted towards the damaged structure.
Everyone let the heteromorph gecko pass by.
The crowd continued to fight and surround the building but also spread out to let Spinner get inside.
"Don't screw this up. I've worked very hard to get to this point and I'm not about to let it be for nothing." She thought to herself.
******
Melissa and Akane huddled under a desk in the lab as the ceiling fell down all around them.
"What's going on?!" The latter asked.
"I must be from Bakugo's explosions; he must've damaged some support structure!"
The sounds of fighting suddenly stopped.
"Thought you two might've needed some help." A voice said.
A few seconds passed.
"Akane! Melissa! We have to get out of here now!" Deku shouted from the other side.
As Melissa stood up to open the door, Akane tapped her on the shoulder.
There was another surge of green light before Melissa ran over the debris and to the lab entrance.
"Quick open the door!" Deku said.
She did and saw him standing there.
But Bakugo wasn't there. Instead were two other villains.
She shrieked in horror at the sight and tried to shut the door; they were too fast though and they quickly grabbed her.
"Where's Akane?!" A lizard looking villain demanded.
"Deku what's going on?!"
"Where is she?!"
"Melissa!" Akane screamed.
She stood up from beneath the desk slowly and faced the villains.
"Let go of her!"
"That's her! Toga, do your thing!"
The Deku imposter charged at Akane with a knife in each hand.
"No!" Melissa shouted.
A bright flash enveloped Akane's body as the knives flew straight towards her.
Bang!
The knives shattered on impact.
"What, my knives!"
(Melissa Shield.
Quirk: Shelter
She can project an impenetrable barrier onto anything that she looks at; the effects stop when she looks away.)
"This building is about to collapse! Hurry up!" Mr. Compress said.
"I can't! I don't have any more blades!"
"Just grab the girl and let's go!"
A single smack from the lizard knocked out Melissa.