Chapter 32: Nomu No More?

"Ugh when will this migraine stop?!" Dabi complained.
He was still lying down on a couch with the others nearby; the effects were hanging around several days after being hit by Queen Roach's quirk. Never again would he mess with someone who had Augmentation.
The doctor was also present with her listening to his words.
"Seriously, how long do the effects last after deactivating your quirk?" Ujiko asked.
"Usually about a week. The only way to speed up the process is to receive blood transfusions in order to regenerate the decayed flesh."
"Interesting; and you're able to control which person remains under your quirk?"
"I'm afraid not; it only lasts for about five hours but can be extended by additional doses. However too many doses will be fatal."
"But what's with the awful stench?" Spinner complained.
"When my quirk's gas makes contact with the target's exposed skin, decay sets in immediately and produces those aromas. From that point on, they are under my control as a semi-corpse with quirks."
"I see some potential and some problems with your proposal to me," Ujiko said.
"Imagine being overwhelmed with fifty or more heroes all at once; instead of sacrificing precious nomus that took a lot of time to make, why not simply turn the heroes against each other? Their efforts would be thwarted. If nothing else it would make escape a possibility.
The effects may not be as permanent or tailored as your Nomu creations can be but my quirk is faster and widespread in creating foes against foes."
"That may be but I have yet to see it work on a larger scale. Give me an example and I will take your offer more seriously." The doctor replied.
"Plans are already in place. I had a feeling that you would ask for that."
"I look forward to the results in that case."
"Will someone get me some more painkillers already?!" Dabi moaned.
"As I said earlier, the only way to speed up the healing is to get blood transfusions to help the flesh grow back."
"Toga, give me some of your blood reserves!"