Chapter 10: Electric dragon

Saturday.
Finally, the weekend was here after a grueling school week. 
Midoriya walked into the common area to grab a little breakfast. As he poured out a bowl of cereal, his phone buzzed.
-good morning Izuku
-hi there Itsuka, sleep well?
-sorta; I forgot what time to meet you for our date.
-I was thinking noon
-perfect; I can't wait to see you!
-same here, see you soon my love

Did he just send that? He called Istuka his love without saying "I love you" before. Was that a bit much for her to handle? His was turning bright red in embarrassment.
He didn't know how he came to this date idea but somehow he did. Midoriya had spent several days preparing for this and he was not about to let it fall apart. Villains had messed with the last date but this time, this time they wouldn't get in the way.
"Midoriya, are you doing anything today?"
He turned around to see Todoroki at the fridge.
"Uh.... I k-kind of am. W-why do you ask?"
"I am taking Kato to meet my dad at the agency today and I thought you'd want to tag along?"
"Kato is going to work for Endeavor?"
"It's a work study for him that lasts until the joint class assessment."
"Sorry-sorry I can't do that."
"You're turning blushing; why is that?"
"I-I gotta go!"
******
Nejire was waiting in the common area. Kendo was there too. She had just texted her boyfriend when the third year arrived for Mikasa.
"So what are you two doing today anyway?" Kendo asked.
"When I heard about her quirk, I knew that I just had to introduce her to Ryuko. She would be an excellent mentor."
"You know I haven't actually seen it yet. She wants to surprise us with it but I don't think I can wait much longer."
"Then I'll show you now!"
The two turned to see student coming out of the stairwell.
"It really kicks ass! I call it Electric Dragon!"
"Let's do this outside okay," Kendo asked cautiously.
"Well duh!"
As they walked outside the dorm, anxiety was rippling across Kendo's mind.
The dreams that he had been having lately involving villains, were they from trauma that she was still reeling from too? Did he have another one last night? Was he going to be okay today? Would she be good for him?
She kept seeing that Mustard villain choking her classmates and her to no return with his gas for the past few nights. Going to sleep was becoming something that she started to dread. Would it happen again? Would everyone die again as before? Could she ever change the outcome?
"Uhm .....Kendo? Are you okay?"
"You look like you saw a ghost." Nejire commented.
"O-oh I-I'm sorry , I j-just zoned out. Tha-that's all!"
"Are you sure?"
"I'm okay. Let's see this electric dragon of yours." She said to Mitsaka.
"Stand back!"
KRAPOOM!!
A massive orb of pulsing energy instantly enveloped her, morphing quickly into something with lightning shooting off in all directions. A second later and they could see her again.
Except she had wings and an exoskeleton that looked like it was made of electricity. Around her head was what resembled a yellow crystal skull of a hydra; claws and a tail also covered parts of her with an electric appearance. Lightning continued to pulse from her as the wings flapped , causing her to hover slightly above the ground.
"What the......"
They could still see her body and her grinning face beneath the skull. Nejire was beyond ecstatic while Kendo trembled slightly.
"And check this out!"
Mitsaka looked upwards, took in a deep breath and a stream of lightning erupted out of her mouth straight into the sky. The sound was deafening.
It was her equivalent of breathing fire.
"I take it that you can fly too?" Kendo asked.
"Hell yeah! Didn't you see the giant wings on my back," she replied as she transformed back into her normal self.
"Now I see why you're going to see Ryuko...."
"HAHAHA! With a quirk like that, we'll definitely crush 1A hands down," Momona shouted as he came out to investigate the noise.
"Victory is already ours," Tetsutetsu roared.
Those tensions were still there.