Chapter 18: I can't hide

"We should get back to the dorms before its late." Midoriya said.
"Yeah I just can't shake it still."
"I know what it's like; just try and think about something else. That's why I started jogging in the first place. If it happens again, maybe we could talk to All Might."
"Izuku...."
"Yes?"
"I don't know how much longer I can keep our secret from others. Pony sounds suspicious."
"Pony?"
"Yeah, I may have accidentally revealed that I have a boyfriend."
"What? What did she say?"
"I lied to her but I don't think she bought it."
"So she doesn't know who you're seeing if you have a boyfriend?"
"Right. I kind of want to tell her the truth though, I don't like lying."
Midoriya was surprised by that but after a moment, Pony sounded like someone who could keep a secret.
"We should get back now."
"Right; we'll figure something out Itsuka."
******
"There you are Kendo." Pony said as she and several other girls approached from behind. They were all on their way to class.
"G-Girls, what's going on?" She replied nervously.
"You woke us up last night; what happened?!"
"I just had a bad dream, that's all."
"Uh-huh, I think that you got something else to say. Plus you were gone longer than usual this morning."
"What else is there?" Setsune inquired.
"I really can't talk right now but it was a really scary nightmare. C'mon we'll be late for class."
******
As they sat in their desks waiting for the bell to ring, she took out a sheet of paper and thought for a moment. The pressure was too much even for Kendo to handle. It was time spill the truth to Pony.
Slowly, she wrote a single line.

"Midoriya x me; please don't tell anyone"

Quickly folded it up, took a deep breath and dropped it on Pony's desk. The recipient noticed.
As Kendo held her breath, the note was opened and read.
Pony put a hand over her mouth as if to cover a silent gasp. She looked at Kendo with a surprised face before nodding with a slight grin.
"Alright everyone, I imagine that most of you have been looking forward to this day. However I want to remind all of you that this is an assessment and not just another joint training exercise." Mr. Kan said as he entered the room.
"There will be pro heroes watching and evaluating your performance just like at the sports festival. Some of them are ones that you worked with during winter break."