Chapter 28: I had to

"Okay I've sent your teachers a memo saying you need to take it a little easy for a day or two. Other than that, you're good to go. Just be more careful." Recovery girl said.
"Don't worry, I will be. Hopefully Izuku will be too." Kendo replied.
He nodded firmly with slight blushing. As they left the ward, the couple were holding hands and close together with gentle smiles. Although her's were still bandaged up,  that didn't stop the flow of heat and feelings for each other.
Bzzz!Bzzz!
Her phone buzzed with a text message. Right before they stepped out into the snow, she looked at it sighed. Midoriya couldn't see what it said but wasn't incredibly curious as his girlfriend responded.
"I guess a lot of people are going to be waiting for us." She said.
"You mean back at your dorm?"
"Probably. Monoma spilled the beans to everyone."
Midoriya shuddered slightly at hearing that. What were people going to say when they the couple together?
"Are you okay with that?" He asked.
"I think so. Besides its a little too late now to do anything."
"Well okay then s-so am I. I just wonder if-"
She cut him off with a little peck.
"It'll be alright."
He smiled at her and the two entered the snowfall. The dorms weren't far away so a walk would be quick. Neither of them wanted to rush though. It was a pretty scene and they had each other at their sides.
"So..."
"So what?" He asked in reply.
"What happened after you knocked me out?"
"You were buried underneath some tree branches and I dig you out. Of course initially I thought you were Sero. But I when I realized that it was you, I started crying."
"You didn't keep looking for your friends or take me to your cage?"
"I was too scared and shocked to think about anything else."
"But did you do anything?"
He sighed and said no.
"Hey I thought we made a promise after that fight at the mall, that we wouldn't put each other before hero stuff."
"I know; it's just I thought you were dead to be honest."
"What, why did you think that?"
"If you had seen your face, you might've thought the same. Plus there were the dreams that we had."
"You thought those dreams were foreshadowing me dying?"
"They came right before black whip was revealed during the joint training exercise. I this was the same thing again."
"Well okay then......at least I wasn't actually dead but what happened after that?"
"I don't remember during the rest of the round.  I just kept crying as you were taken away."
"Did anyone ask?"
"Ask what?"
"Why you were crying so much?"
"No, even if anyone did I couldn't tell them because we were keeping our relationship a secret."
"Well I'm sorry that you were going through that."
"Don't be sorry it was my fault for hurting you."
"Let's just put this behind us. I still love you Izuku."
"And I love you too Itsuka."
By that point, they were in front of the 1B dorm building.
"Well, you ready?" She asked.
"I think so."
They slowly entered the common area and saw their classmates there. Everyone stopped what they were doing when they saw Kendo.
"How are you feeling now?" Komori asked.
"Much better. Especially thanks to recovery girl and this guy."
"So it is true," Shiozaki commented. Her vines were still somewhat burnt from Todoroki.
"Yep, I'm not single anymore." Kendo said.
"And I thought Monoma was exaggerating." Mikasa replied.
There was a lot of chatter going on amongst everyone there. Most people were smiling and supportive of the couple.
"So I guess Midoriya is going to be hanging around here more often." Kaibara commented.
"I hope that's not a problem," he replied.
"No no it's cool dude. You're welcome here anytime." Awase said.
"Glad to hear. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go to my dorm." Kendo said.
******
TetsuTetsu had finally calmed down; Kirishima and the others were exhausted but they were successful in helping him come to terms with accepting Kendo and Midoriya's relationship. It didn't mean that he was happy but he could move on.