Chapter 69: Three

WHAM!
"They're in the dirt." Rift said.
"You sure that was them?" Shoto asked.
"And that they're finished?" Melissa added.
"Come on! Those idiots aren't going to save themselves!" Bakugo interrupted.
The four were racing down the dark corridor and into the unknown; they hadn't encountered any other villains.
Yet.
With Spinner and Mr. Compress dealt with, Bakugo led the charge followed by Rift.
"I kinda wish that there were some local pro heroes to assist us, that way we could establish a security perimeter." Rift noted.
"Shut up! If you think you can't handle it then don't slow us down!" The leader grunted.
"Do you talk to everyone like that?" Melissa asked.
"It's kind of who he is," Shoto replied.
"What's that supposed to mean?!"
"Guys we got a bigger problem." Rift interrupted.
The four of them were confronted by a split in the corridor; three different ways to go and no telling which one was the right way.
"Great, they probably want us to split up."
"Go your own ways! I'm taking the center one." Bakugo said.
"Melissa, go with Shoto; I can handle myself."
The duo took the third one while Rift went down the first path.
******
She sat with her grandmother in front of a lit fire inside the small traditional house.
"It is not easy for one to be wise in your times and culture. The quirk that has taken control of you is one that removes that wise sense and your will power."
"Then how do I regain control?"
"Isn't it obvious? You must open up your heart and mind to the outside and divert your attention from the one who is giving you all those commands."
"So its a matter of will power?"
"Not exactly will power but rather no longer pay attention to the force controlling you. As long as you fight it, you will remain under the control."
Easier said than done for Battle Fist; the pain that came from the quirk was a major distraction from everything else. That is if everything hadn't faded to black like in previous encounters.
"Think about him." Her grandmother continued. "Remember how he has always been at your side and demonstrated that he cherishes you as his girlfriend."
"Izuku....." she started.
******
His heart was racing faster and faster. She was no longer there but the fear of kami that she left in him was. Akane remained sedated on the examination table and was restrained for safety.
The lab was in the same condition as Ujiko last saw it. Nothing had changed except his sense of fear.
But he just had to find it.
He had to crack the quirk.
It was just a hallucination or him blacking out.
"mother......" she groaned.
"Damn it looks like I'll need more sedatives applied to you."
He quickly scrambled over to a tray table with the bottled drugs on it. With a syringe in hand, a translucent liquid was emptied from one container and into the unwilling teenager.
KNOCK KNOCK!