Chapter 23: I did it

His vision was fuzzy and he felt disoriented. It took him several seconds to realize that he was lying face down. The smell of dry dirt filled his nostrils and the cold air brought him back around. As he stumbled to his feet, Deku saw a path of destruction behind him.
Where was Sero?
He started to follow the trail backwards but didn't see any mud. The ground was ripped up and several trees were smashed.
"What happened?" He said quietly.
Suddenly, underneath the branches, he saw an arm and hand sticking out. Running over, Deku began to clear the branches off and was thinking about how to get-
It wasn't Sero.
He recognized the blue hero costume; it was Kendo.
Her eyes were open but not blinking. There was blood coming from her mouth and both arms were clearly broken.
He fell to ground as his tears started falling onto her costume.
******
Several minutes earlier
"Class 1A remains in the lead with one capture." Mr. Aizawa said.
"Damn I think we're not going to win." TetsuTetsu said.
Pony continued to hold onto fleeting hope that maybe they could at least tie in the end. Sero was still in the area; if Kendo or Honenuki could locate him, then there was a chance to tie the score. But Midoriya was proving very powerful, just like Bakugo and Todoroki.
"Oh man it looks like Midoriya is trapped! He's sinking fast!" Mineta shouted.
On one screen, everyone could see Deku quickly being overcome with quicksand. It seemed like he was going to be completely submerged. Off to the side Honenuki and Kendo could be seen; She was coming over to Sero to pick him up while Mud man was a further distance away from all of them. He was clearly controlling what area's would become softened and turned to mud.
"Uh-oh, those black things back!!" Kaminari commented.
Sure enough, the black lightning-like streaks started shooting out from where Deku was sinking. They quickly got a grip on Kendo's limbs, preventing her from reaching Sero.
Or moving.
"Wait what's he doing now," Todoroki asked.
Before anyone could guess, Deku rocketed out of the ground flew right into Kendo.
Pony squirmed in horror at that moment.
They tumbled like a skipping stone on water while smashing through several trees before coming to a stop lying face down.
Several minutes passed as confusion and alarm spread. No one was focusing on Uraraka, Kirishima, Kamakiri or the others. There was no movement from anyone; Honenuki had been hit by a flying tree branch and knocked out.
Finally Deku stood up and slowly walked back to where Sero and Kendo were. He lifted a few branches and suddenly collapsed to knees. In front of him was Kendo, probably KO'd.
"What's up with him?" Jiriou asked.
"Is he....crying?" Momo commented.
"Oh my god." Pony thought to herself. Numerous thoughts were racing to her head but only one thing remained certain: Deku wasn't going anywhere.
"Three minutes remaining!"
Uraraka and the others appeared at their cage with two additional prisoners, Shoda and Fukidashi. Kirishima stumbled to his feet as the others gathered around.
Koda appeared to summon several birds to survey the area.
"One minute!"
There was very little activity by that point. Class 1A had won.