Chapter 73: The masters and the mother (part 2)

"I have to ask something, even if you can't answer us," Shimura said. "Do you know why Toshinori doesn't have any relationships?"
Midoriya had never thought about it before actually. Sure it was none of his business to ask All Might about his personal life but it did seem interesting that his mentor never mentioned being in love.
"When I was around, I had my own children. I was fighting villains and raising kids at the same time. When they got older, I eventually realized that I was placing my loved ones in danger while being a hero. So I essentially left them so that they may live."
It had never occurred to him that previous One for All users could potentially have had their own families. Considering the nature of the quirk itself, it would've been impossible to genetically inherit OFA. Of course there wa-
"We've been watching you and thinking about your relationship with Kendo, 9th. We believe that we understand the whole story behind your situation." The black whip user said. "It seems as though your girlfriend was captured for bait and then used her to take you and the other girl. With you and the other girl in their grip, they may not have any use for Kendo and may just kill her.
If you are to avoid that from happening, then you must put yourself in the position of a hero and protect her with your life."
But the promise.
The one he made to her back in the beginning. I t was still strong and present in his consciousness.
To break that would upset her again as he had already done before.
But he was fighting her now.
What would she want him to do in that case?
"It looks it's time for you to snap out of it. A rescue team is here."
KRA-BOOOM!!!
******
Several minutes earlier
"I think sending them alone to confront the league was a bad idea," Burnin said. "Some of the pro-heroes in Sapporo should've taken the lead."
"I was thinking that too. I just hope that they can hold out long enough for us and the local pro heroes to arrive." Endeavor replied.
The number one and the sidekick were flying through the air at high speed towards the last known location of Akane. They were be both agitated and anxious to arrive on scene to prevent her from being used.
As they entered the outskirts of Sapporo, a blinding light erupted off in the distance followed by an air burst.
KRA-FWOOOM!!!
A few seconds passed before the sound reached the two.
"What the hell?!" Burnin shouted.
"That's where we're supposed to go! Shoto!" He roared.
"Let's get down there ASAP and link up with the other pro hero agencies responding."
At that moment, their headsets crackled to life with police reports coming in.
******
He was surrounded by darkness; heaviness weighed him down and there was a sense of slumber in his eyes.
"Kato."
He looked around and saw a figure standing beside him. It was a woman that was familiar to him.
"Mom!"
He tried to hug her but his arms fell through.
"Kato, what were you thinking? You could've killed your sister with that explosion."
"I didn't mean to make it that powerful mom. I just wanted to get all of those dudes off of me."
"You have a long way to go with mastering the pillar of Autumn."
"I know mom. I know."
He paused for a second and continued.
"So does this mean we're still alive? Or are we rejoining you?"
"I'm sorry Kato, I know that you two miss me dearly but I want both of you to live a life more fulfilling than mine. You'll live to see another day."
"So now what?"
"Kato, there is one other thing I need to say."
"Yes mom?"
"Thank you for being there for your sister and rescuing her. I'm very happy with you two. Take good care of each other."
"I guess this is goodbye?"
"I'm afraid so."
"Goodbye mom; I won't let you down."
"I know you won't. Goodbye Kato."