Chapter 29: Surprises

"Izuku, are those for me?!" She asked while pointing at the roses at her bedroom door. "That was so thoughtful of you!"
"Well I kinda thought I should do something nice for you while you recovered."
She held the flowers while opening her door.
"Wait."
"What?"
"You haven't seen my room before have you?"
"N-no. Then again you haven't seen mine."
"My room is probably still a mess just to warn you."
"I'm sure it isn't that bad."
******
Tsuyu was walking down the hallway to her room. She had some homework to do but it didn't seem challenging. Then she heard something.
It was coming from beyond Uraraka's door. To her, it sounded like a a slow and heavy breathing coupled with tears. Was she crying?
Cautiously, Tsuyu approached the door and gently knocked.
"Ochaco? Is everything alright......ribbit?"
There was no response. She was going to walk away, albeit confused when her door cracked open.
"Tsu......was that you?"
"Yes."
"Come in."
She stepped in and saw that Uraraka was drenched in tears. Her hair was a little messy and she looked like a total loss.
"I can't understand it."
"Understand what?"
"I thought there was something growing with us."
"Is this about Midoriya and Kendo?"
She sighed heavily with a few more tears and said yes quietly.
"I am kinda surprised by it too. Then again, he is a very nice guy and is respected by most." Tsuyu continued.
"But I had feelings for him and I thought he felt the same for me. I could see it in his face."
"He probably did but just didn't know how you felt about him."
"Then why didn't he ask?"
"Ribbit........ I guess something happened to him that helped him and Kendo grow closer."
"But I was always there for him and he was there for me!"
"I think that is something friends do for each other, not just couples."
"I know, it just after all this time I spent liking him, it feels like it was all for nothing."
"I don't think so; you two are great friends together and it wouldn't be possible to do without feeling that way. I imagine that a lot of other girls liked him like you have been. In your case, you see something that is genuine and not possibly a phase."
"A phase?"
"I used to like Midoriya a lot too but eventually I got over it like a phase."
"Wait you had a crush on him too?"
"Well I was attracted to him by his inspiration.......ribbit."
"So what should I do now?"
"Perhaps it would be good to focus on something else besides him like more on becoming a hero."
"It's just...."
"You'll get over it."
******
The couple were standing outside in the evening air; they had spent several hours in Kendo's room watching a movie and cuddling. Now they were heading over to Midoriya's room for dinner and another movie.
"Ready?" He asked while holding her hand.
"Of course," she smiled.
The two entered the common room to see a lot of people from both classes hanging about. A few guys including Bakugo were obviously playing a video game while others were just chilling with food.
Mina noticed the two holding hands at the entrance and got ecstatic. Everyone immediately turned their heads to see the new couple. Cheering ensued as they made their way in. Midoriya couldn't help but feel embarrassed slightly while turning red.
"So you two were together all along?" Mina asked.
"Well for the past month or so," Midoriya commented.
"That's what me and Toru thought when we first saw you two at the ice skating rink."
"Wait were you spying on us?!" Kendo asked.
"No no! We just happened to be there and saw you two there." Mina sputtered.
"Okay good, we weren't sure if we wanted all of you to know." She replied.
"Didn't want us to know? Why would you want to hide it? For privacy?" Kaminari asked.
"Well to be honest, we were afraid that you all wouldn't approve and try to break us up since our classes have been hating each other lately." Midoriya replied.
There was a bit of confusion in that moment before a familiar face spoke up.
"I don't know why you changed your mind but it was the right move. You two are not just classmates but also friends of ours, none of us could ever break you up. And we're happy that you and Kendo are together." Pony said.
There were a lot smiles developing and it was clear that Pony's words were true.
"Thank you." Midoriya replied. "It means a lot."