Chapter 44: 11 ways

Bakugo's team annihilated the robots. That section was full of zero-pointers but also smaller ten-pointers.
They may had weapons but not accuracy.
Even when they hit Red Riot or Real Steel, the rounds simply bounced off or left a slight dent. Jack Mantis was too fast while Bakugo was Bakugo.
Then came Snipe, the randomly selected teacher. He unloaded rounds straight at the group with the intent of making them scatter and run. The only problem was that he was facing a team that was well-prepared with being shot at. Bakugo simply released a massive explosion, knocking the teacher out of the way and allowing everyone to pass with five minutes to spare.
The crowd was well-satisfied.
******
The next team began by letting Shoto and Rocketi remotely set off the mines by using fire and horn cannon rounds. It took about five minutes for them to clear a path though.
Creati then made a series of planks for everyone to use for crossing the canyon. It wasn't exactly stable or ideal but it only took a total of three minutes to complete.
Shoto made quick work of the fire pit by coating it with ice. It only took him thirty seconds to clear a route.
He and Rocketi then took on any attacking/ blocking robots while Emily and Creati followed behind. To Deku, he was surprised that Emily hadn't done anything to help nor seemed able to.
Then came Ectoplasm. He ended up getting frozen solid by Shoto and his clones were hammered by the others.
They finished with just a minute and ten seconds left.
******
Team 3 spent over five minutes just avoiding any land mines. No one had a quirk to shortcut that area.
Clearing the canyon also took more time than preferred. Jiriou and Phantom Thief both almost fell off but were saved just in time by the others.
Once they reached the robots, it was a swift massacre of tech by all four (Phantom Thief copied Charge Bolts quirk and unloaded a storm's worth of electricity instantly into a zero-pointer). The fighting left the team with less than three minutes left.
Poor Mr. Aizawa.
He wasn't fast enough to stop Phantom Thief from copying his Eraser quirk. Gevaudan then threw him out of the way. The crowd went wild when the team crossed the finish line.
******
Team 4 decided to assign each section to a different team member. Vines used her quirk to move land mines more quickly, thus forming a beautiful path.
The canyon was handled by Cellophane. He decided to swing between the canyon walls with first Vines and then Spiral. Rift simply opened up a portal and bypassed the whole thing.
Spiral's quirk enabled him to dig and throw dirt over the flames of the fire patch. This plan however took longer than usual and cost precious time.
The robots proved to be a piece of cake for Rift. All it took was one of his "Pillar of Autumn" explosion move to obliterate the enemy.
The random teacher was Thirteen.
She immediately started to use her Blackhole quirk. The whole team desperately tried to hold onto the ground but Spiral struggled the most. Rift however surprised everyone including the teacher.
He let her drag him in before opening up a portal and entering it. A second later and Thirteen was heavily struck from behind as he came out of slip space; this impact bought the team enough time to escape her quirk and get pass the finish line.
"Didn't your mom tell you not hit women?" Sero jokingly asked Rift.
"I'm an orphan; I don't have a mom." He replied seriously.
Deku and everyone else was speechless.
******
Team 5 started by using Pinky to dilute her acid expulsion to a pH of 7.1 which was acceptable for Shemage's mushrooms to grow gigantic. They became so large and quickly that they formed a narrow path through the mine field.
The canyon crossing nearby proved disastrous for Invisible Girl but Vantablack managed to use his quirk to merge with the shadows and carried her around the canyon. It was challenging enough for everyone to figure out.
The fire pit was extinguished just long enough by Pinky's diluted acid.
All the robots proved to be nearly just as challenging as the canyon crossing. Vantablack and Pinky did most of the fighting while Invisible Girl and Shemage avoided being shot at; the latter was not as efficient.
Their random teacher was Power Loader. He made the first move by digging underneath the group. Unfortunately for him, Vantablack wanted him to do that. While Pinky was thrown in the sky from below, Shemage filled the air with spores for Power Loader to inhale. Invisible Girl simply avoided combat and managed not to get hit at all.
With the teacher choking on fungus spores, Vantablack moved in from the dark holes dug and delivered a powerful kick to the jaw. He joined the rest of the team on the other side of the finish line.
******
Team 6 had no trouble with the mines since Mudman made the explosives sink below the ground with his softening quirk. That only took a minute. At the canyon, Uravity floated both guys and herself across the gap while Froppy simply leapt across with ease. The fire patch was no match as an Mudman extinguished the flames instantly by drowning the flames in softened earth. They still had twelve minutes.
Upon reaching the robots, they were slowed down a bit but not by a lot. Some of the zero pointers were left floating into the sky while the rest of the mechanical legion was decimated. Things seemed to be going well so far.
Until they came across Cementoss.
He immediately threw up a massive concrete in front of them. Mudman thought that he could just sink the wall into the ground. But Cementoss simply made the wall taller to compensate. Froppy meanwhile used her frog quirk to climb up the wall quickly. Uravity simply floated Mines and herself over the obstacles.
Fed up with trying to sink the wall, Mudman instead softened barrier itself and swam through it. Once they were face to face with the teacher again, Uravity was able to get close enough to float them off the ground, before losing her breakfast. At least they succeeded in completing the course in record time.
******
Team 7 was slow.
None of them had quirks or skills that gave them an advantage over the mine field, canyon or fire patch. It was no surprise that it took them ten minutes alone to get pass the first three obstacles. To make matters worse, Plano's glue turned out to be much more combustible than the original fuel in the fire patch when he tried to extinguish it.
The robots were too strong to defeat completely so the team relied on Grape juice's quirk to immobilize the units in conjunction with Plano's glue. They only had one minute left.
Mr. Kan was the teacher in this case; Anima had called in all birds around to overwhelm and peck at him beforehand. The team was lucky to have five seconds left to spare after crossing the finish line. Grape juice needed to change pants and underwear afterwards.
******
Team 8 was off to a rough start as Dragon Shroud tried to destroy the land mines with his quirk. They weren't very effective or powerful. Ingenium meanwhile quickly removed more mines in order to clear a path. Fortunately at the canyon, all of them were able to traverse it with agility.
The fire patch was harsh for all of them; the only option was to run through the flames quickly. That ended up leaving Tailman somewhat burnt.
A new faction of robots were quickly stuck together by a joint effort between Ingenium and Welder. Tailman and Dragon Shroud dealt with any stragglers.
For some odd reason, Thirteen was back as the teacher.
Regardless, she proved much more challenging for the team and cost them a lot of precious time. Brave and somewhat reckless, Ingenium ran at her while her black hole was active. Instead of striking, he kept going in circles as a distraction to allow the others to overwhelm her.
They had a minute and thirty four seconds left afterwards.
******
Team 9 took the easy way around the obstacles by getting a lift from Howling Dragon. Lizardy was able to avoid the mines and canyon with the help of her quirk.
Upon reaching the robots, Can't Stop Twinkling and Sugarman took out most of the opposition in order to let Howling Dragon recover for a moment.
Hound Dog, the guidance counselor, was waiting for them. The two guys got thrown out of the way quickly and Lizardy kept having to break into pieces to avoid being struck. Unfortunately, Hound Dog wasn't able to withstand Howling Dragon's electric breath at full blast.
The team finished with six minutes to spare.
******
Team 10 was in a unique position since they only had three people. As a result, getting through the first two obstacles took less time than the standard four people would.
Tsuburaba used his air quirk to contain the flames in the fire patch. Tokoyami used Dark Shadow to help destroy attacking robots but Shinso wasn't able to do as much with his entrapment gear.
To no one's surprise, Present Mic was the teacher (Mr. Kan did the commentary). Unfortunately, it seemed as though he forgot about Shinso's brainwashing quirk. With one shout, Mic ended up being hypnotized and was ordered by Shinso let the team finish the course. He complied without question.
******
"Team 11! The last team! Get ready, set, GO!"
As planned, Rules shrunk all the mines. Deku stepped on one but the reduced size made it seem like a tiny firecracker instead.
"Let's go; Deku I don't think I can carry you guys while gliding over the canyon," Shoji said.
"That's okay, I just had a new idea. Kodai!"
"Yes?"
"Can you make all the rocks bigger so that we can just run across?"
"Yes."
"Good thinking Deku," Battle Fist commented.
"Thanks."
As they approached the canyon, something seemed off. Before Deku could speak, Rules was already expanding the rocks. The ground began rumble heavily immediately and everyone lost their balance.
"What's happening!?" Battle Fist shouted above the noise.
"Ground must be getting unstable! Everyone run!" Deku replied.
Sprinting, the team avoided falling into a new pit.
The fire patch stood before them. The flames were high and roaring loudly, almost like an gas well that ignited. Rules stood in front, prepared to use her quirk.
Nothing happened.
"Kodai!"
"Too many flames for me to constantly shrink!" "We need another plan! Fast!"
"Shoji! Protect Kodai! Itsuka!"
Before she responded, he charged up One for All and picked her up bridal style.
"Wait what are you thin-whoa!"
Deku rushed through the fire while carrying her; the intense heat burned his skin.
Through the hot gases and thick smoke, they made it through. His thoughts turned to Shoji and Rules.
"Go ahead; we'll catch up!" He said to her before running back into the flames.
The smoke was nauseating and choking. He needed to get them through quickly. But Deku couldn't see them anywhere.
He came back out on the other side but they weren't there.
"Izuku! Come back now! They're here!" Battle Fist called.
With One for all still surging, he bolted back through the fire once again. All three of them were there, albeit smoked and slightly burnt. There was no time to waste, the robots were next.
Battle Fist began smashing the enemy droids, Shoji dodged, Rules shrunk as many as she could before stomping on them and Deku unleashed Deleware air bursts at some twenty and ten-pointers.
Incredibly, they managed to destroy all the robots before they were confronted by the teacher.
Midnight.
"Well well well. I didn't think anyone would be so destructive."
"Izuku let's just avoid her," Battle Fist said.
"Izuku, isn't that a cute way to call your boyfriend?"
She turned bright red in embarrassment at hearing that. Shoji tried to run the long way around Midnight but wasn't able to avoid her sleep powder quirk unfortunately. Rules wasn't any luckier.
Before he had a chance to say something, Battle Fist enlarged her hands and started to swipe away the powder with strong gusts.
"One for all! Full Cowling 25%!"
Deku zipped straight at a distracted Midnight and knocked her back a distance. As she stumbled to her feet, Deku grabbed Shoji while Battle Fist grabbed Rules.
With the last of their strength, the couple hauled their teammates across the finish line with eight minutes to spare.
******
"Nice going everyone! I think the crowd enjoyed today's spectacular performance of the classes!" Present Mic said.
"This was class work, not just a sporting event." Mr. Aizawa commented.
"Yeah but the other students still seemed like how things went."
As they continued to discuss the results, Midoriya turned to his girlfriend; she looked at him and smiled.
"Great job Itsuka!"
"You too Izuku!" She said before sneaking a quick peck on his cheek.
They were both blushing heavily by then.