Chapter 36: Did I?

He was still shaking the following morning.
Itsuka.
To Midoriya, it felt like she had been killed. Taken away forever.
"Dude, what happened to you? You look like you've seen a ghost," Kirishima commented.
"I don't understand why you guys were out beyond curfew and got away with it!" Iida complained.
"Who cares about what happened to them?! It doesn't affect us!" Bakugo grumbled loudly.
"It's a long and vague story," Kato replied.
The guys were all talking about the misadventure of Midoriya and Kato from the previous night. As the it unraveled, someone else was listening in and shocked by the content. They quickly retreated to their room and started looking up information.
"I feel like I failed Itsuka..." Midoriya whimpered.
"How?! She was literally trying to beat the headlights out of you and everyone else around her!" Kato interjected.
"She got taken away because I couldn't get her to stop-"
"Did you not hear what the officials were saying?! They were hypnotized."
"And I couldn't stop it."
"You didn't even know how they were getting brainwashed and I am pretty sure Shinso had nothing to do with it."
"That doesn't matter! I'm her boyfriend and I should've been able to help her!"
"I tried to help Ibara but she was overwhelmed instantly; I suspect the same for you. I'm sorry Midoriya but you did everything you could."
"Will you two shut up already?!" Bakugo shouted.
******
"This is unprecedented; four of our students have been involved in a disruptive crime outside of the school. Two of them attacked the other two without warning and are now in a special institution." Mr. Nezu said as he began the meeting.
All the teachers were present including All Might. It had been less than twenty four hours since the attack.
"Based on what I saw, Ibara Shiozaki and Itsuka Kendo were under some sort of mind-control quirk. Natsu Kato and Izuku Midoriya were simply acting in self defense and protecting the civilians, no doubt that they were not affected," Midnight said.
"Regardless, this is going to be a PR challenge for the school. Something needs to change in order to prevent this from happening again."
"We don't know for certain how everything happened but I suspect that our priority is to figure out what kind of villain or villains were are facing." All Might commented.
"Well the way I see it is that it had something to do with the league of villains again." Present Mic said.
"We really need to get information from the two girls involved; otherwise our students will be sitting ducks out in public with a threat like this loose." Mr. Aizawa concluded.
They continued to discuss a response to the situation but someone else was having a different view.
******
"This isn't what he deserved," she thought, "And neither did her."
Uraraka sat at her bed thinking about what Deku had gone through.
"He wanted to be there for me. I should be there for them."