Chapter 52: Awaken

The three of them stared at one another in shock.
"A second quirk? You mean one that is completely separate from One for All's accumulation of quirks?" Melissa asked.
"Yes, it's a genetic one but it has a problem." Akane replied.
"Is it dad's?" He thought to himself.
"So what is it?" Melissa continued.
"Well the problem is that it appears to be a recessive gene that is affecting the cells ability to tap into the quirk and make use of it. I can change, if Midoriya wants to but there comes a new problem."
"But when I was little, the doctors said that I was quirkless to begin with."
"Right, because of this recessive gene getting in the way of it being noticeable."
"I'm just curious as to what the quirk does."
"Well, it looks like it comes from his mom. What is her quirk?"
"She can attract small objects from afar. Is that what you say that I have? My dad could breathe fire though so maybe-"
"No it was definitely from your mother. Like I said I could try to make it easier to use but there is a risk."
"What's the danger?"
"Your body might not be able to handle more quirks afterwards, including the ones accumulated by one for all."
"This is absolutely insane! I can't wait to look over the data we've collected so far." Melissa said eagerly.
******
"Well hey there; how are you enjoying your stay?" A man asked Kendo. He looked like he had skin stapled to exposed flesh with blue flames licking his palms.
She still had that black stuff in her mouth, that hand on her face and couldn't talk. Instead, her will was to condemn him and demand release. Of course he was unlikely to do that. All she could do was struggle to break free.
"If I could just make my fists large enough to break out.....go beyond plus ultra. But not now." She thought.
"Not much to say? Oh well, looks like my work here is done."
He closed the door and plunged the cell back into darkness.
THUMP!
She felt the hand slip off and onto the floor; a large hole immediately formed around her and she fell through.
CRR-AACK!
Kendo wasn't able to scream as she tumbled and hit the concrete floor below on her right side, breaking a bone or two.
"How does Izuku put up with this?!"
"What the?! Hey you're leaving without saying goodbye? That's rude."
She looked up and saw the blue flame person looking through the hole in the ceiling.
Click.
Her handcuffs were loose.
Loose enough to break.

"Time to fight back."