Chapter 26: Forgiveness

Her arms and chest were wrapped up with bandages. She had a moderate headache and heavy soreness all over. Other than that, she just felt tired.
Daylight broke the darkness in the ward. Recovery girl came in early to check on Kendo and determine if she was ready to be released.
******
"Hey Midoriya, are you okay?" Kirishima asked.
He was silent as he ate his breakfast and didn't respond to anyone. His head was tilted to a sullen stance and showed a face of regret.
"There is darkness inside of his conscience and it is driving him for now," Tokoyami said.
"Maybe he is-"
"Dark shadow be quiet!"
"Okay."
"I don't want to talk," Midoriya said as he left the room.
"Man, I haven't seen him this down in a long time. I wonder what's going on?" Kirishima asked Sero.
"I think he feels bad for hurting Kendo." Sero replied.
"Yeah but he's hurt other people by accident and hasn't been this down afterwards."
"Who cares about how he feels? We have other things to take care of." Bakugo interrupted.
The group continued to talk about it and other things without noticing him leaving the building in the snow fall.
But someone else did. And they followed him to recovery girl.
******
"Hello Midoriya, is there something wrong yet again?" Recovery girl asked.
"Is Kendo here?"
"Ah yes, she woke up not too long ago. I'll see if she wants visitors."
As he waited in the hallway, uncertainty swept up through him. Would she tolerate talking to him about it? How would she be feeling physically? Did his mistake cause permanent damage?
"Right this way," she replied when she returned to him.
His heart was beating heavily and fiercely. As his eyes were laid upon her, all the fear went away.
Because she was smiling.
"Itsuka!"
"Izuku!"
They immediately reached out and held each other in a deep hug. There were tears in his eyes as he felt her orange hair brush his face.
"I'm so sorry dear! I thought that I had grabbed that tree and was going to pull myself out of the quicksand but I-"
He was interrupted by Kendo pressing her lips against his. It felt warm and firm as if she said it didn't matter to her. She knew the truth and had forgiven him.
"WHAT IS THIS?!?"
They stopped and saw Monoma starring at them with his mouth hanging open.
"Kendo! What are you doing with this bully?!" He continued.
Before Midoriya could say anything, she cut him off.
"First he's not a bully. Second what does it look like? I'm kissing my boyfriend!"
"Boyfriend?!" Monoma replied.
Midoriya was turning beyond red at that point in a sense of awkwardness.
"Izuku is my boyfriend. Now leave us alone and get out of here."
He slowly backed out while grinning insanely with twitching. His arrogant side was begging to be unleashed. Monoma left the ward in a fit of insane laughter.
"Uh Itsuka..."
"Yeah?"
"I guess you don't want our relationship a secret anymore, do you?"
"I hope you don't mind but I feel like it's better to be open about it."
"No I don't mind it's just I wasn't expecting it to revealed like that."
"Well the truth will be out there soon enough. How are you feeling anyway?"
"Much better."