Chapter 15: Devise

It was the day before the assessments began. Uraraka and Midoriya hadn't told anyone what Akane told them from the teachers.
Or about what happened with Eri and Mirio.
He sat in his dorm room with a sheet of paper and a pencil. There was just enough time to spare between classes and training with All Might to write something down.
Ever since their first kiss, Midoriya had been wanting to give Kendo something special but couldn't think of something unique that would work.
Now was really his last chance.
******
Meanwhile with Kendo
"What should we do about the strong ones? Bakugo and Midoriya will both no doubt be stronger since the joint training." Setsune asked the group.
The entire class 1B had gathered in their common area to discuss how to defeat 1A during the assessment. They weren't sure how it was going to play out but there was certainty that the two classes would be fighting each other. It was a chance for redemption and to show that they were the better class.
"For Bakugo, we'll need to stay alert and be able to overwhelm him with brutal resistance and sharp hits even if it's a one on one. Remember how fast he was last time?" Kamakiri commented.
"Yeah but he can also store his sweat in those grenade-like features on his costume. That'll be hard to match." Setsune replied.
"Then we'll have to take him down real fast before he can use those."
"What about Midoriya? Did you see those crazy black streaks coming out of his wrists when Momona pissed him off?" Honenuki asked. "They smashed everything around him without trouble. He might've made them even stronger."
"And his quirk is a stockpile type which is useless for me to use." Momona mentioned.
Kendo meanwhile was thinking about her new move and techniques she developed during her last work studies. Her battle fists could become larger or smaller in less time than it took to sling a punch without compromising the damage. In addition she was also able to grab and throw multiple opponents a greater distance with less power. Hopefully that would give her an advantage for the assessment.
Izuku.
Her thoughts suddenly turned to him; she hadn't texted him if he had another nightmare. It seemed like that they were getting worse and more realistic based on what he said in the past few days. For anyone to have similar dreams consecutively for weeks, it really worried her.
Without even thinking, she pulled out her phone.
-hi izuku~
-hi istuka, what's up?
-I know it's late but how did u sleep last night?
There was a pause before he started to reply.
-again
-again?
-again
-what does all might think?
-I'd rather not say; I'm working on a little something right now
-ooh what are you thinking boyfriend?
-shh; it's a surprise
-not even a hint? Lol
-I gotta take care of it; I love you Itsuka
-I love you too Izuku
"Hey Kendo, who are you texting," Pony asked, "it looks like you're feeling romantic."
Kendo turned bright red in embarrassment and immediately hid her phone.
"N-No its nothing like that! I was just talking to my mom."
Pony sighed and gave her a serious stare.
"My Japanese may not be the best but I can still tell when someone is lying."
"Pony please..."
"Don't worry, you can tell me later and I'll keep it a secret."
"I swear I was just texting my mom!"
Kendo got up and left the common area feeling flustered. By that point the discussion about how to win against 1A was over.
******
Perfect! Now all he needed was a little "cherry" on top.
Midoriya turned off the lights in his dorm and turned in confident that he chose everything wisely.