Chapter 17: The day

His phone buzzed; there was a text message.
"Its happened to me now."
Midoriya rubbed his eyes before responding. It was 1:47 in the morning.
"Itsuka, what's wrong?"
"I had a nightmare and now I'm crying."
His eyes widened instantly.
"What happened?"
There was a long pause after that. Maybe she fell back asleep? Nah, no one could fall asleep that fast after crying. Maybe she got distracted by someone else.
Another minute passed.
Then another.
Then another.
Then a type icon appeared.
"You killed me."
He felt very cold and dead at the sight of those words. It was almost like his nightmares had been but from the victim's perspective.
Itsuka's perspective.
She was the one who he killed.
Every night.
Every single night was about her death.
"I'm speechless." Was all he could say.
"I'm sorry to wake you up but I just couldn't hold it together."
"Its alright dear. I'm here for you. Let's talk more when we go for a jog in the morning."
"Alright."
******
"Alright let's do this! Let's kick some 1A ass!" TetsuTetsu shouted as several of his classmates grabbed breakfast.
"They may have won last time but only because they had their strength evenly split up; in reality they are no match for class 1B!" Momona commented in a bit of a lunatic way.
As the others continued to get ready, Pony noticed someone was missing. Sure Kendo was always grabbing a morning jog but not this late in the day.
"You looking for Kendo too?" Komori asked her.
"Sort of, why are you?"
"I swear I heard a scream that sounded like her voice during the night. I was going to check on her but I then I got nervous about making an awkward scene."
"So it wasn't just me hearing things either?"Setsune commented.
"Did she say anything?" Pony asked concerned.
"Sounded like izuzis or izuki." Komori replied.
"Wait a minute, Izuku! Midoriya's first name?" Pony said loudly.
"From class 1A?"
"I doubt it," Setsune commented "probably something else but muffled ."
"Girls, we need to talk to her. Soon."