Chapter 7: The promise

All that he had hoped for felt ruined. The two of them were having a good time until those villains showed up. Now they were returning home battered and tired. Some date that turned out to be.
"Kendo I'm so sorry that this happened."
"Midoriya, you can stop apologizing. There was no way to know that those dirt bags were going to attack there."
"Yeah I wasn't exactly expecting us to have to use our quirks on a date."
"How are your arms feeling anyway? They look really beaten," she asked in a concerned voice.
"I might see recovery girl if they don't heal. What about you? You were trapped in those grease diamonds?"
"I think a shower is all I need. Maybe several," she giggled.
She took his hand and stopped him. A smile was on her face.
"Don't feel bad about it, I had a great date with you and I hope we can do it again sometime. Just hopefully without villains attacking."
Midoriya instantly felt like he died and Urauka floated him to heaven.
"Really?!"
"Of course."
"You're really good with your quirk Kendo. You have had a lot of experience."
"Thanks, so are you. I just wish mine was strong enough for me to break free and help the other people."
******
As Midoriya and Kendo continued to walk back to the campus, little could've told them that they were being watched and not by one person.
"What is she doing with him?"
"They look like they were in a fight. That worries me."
"Maybe we should see if they're okay."
"No, they seemed to fine. Let's just see what happens.
******
It was getting dark and colder when they reached their dorms.
"Izuku," she said while holding his hand.
"Yes?"
"I think we need to hide our relationship from the others."
"Because of the tensions?"
"Yeah, I also don't want you to be hurt because of me."
"Uh I don't want you to be hurt either. It's just when we were fighting back there..."
"We can't let each other get in the way of us saving people. Even if there are other heroes on the scene."
He was startled by this but also understood. She continued.
"Promise that you won't put me before others again."
"I promise, Itsuka. Maybe we can get you a new purse soon and replace the stuff in it?"
"Don't worry about that; I have several purses in my closet and I can get my phone replaced easily along with the money. But thank you."
He was a bit surprised to hear that but also a bit relieved.
"Thanks again for freeing me back there."
"Yeah of course; we're training to become heroes."
The couple smiled and hugged tightly before saying goodbye. It warmed him up in the cold air.
******
"Kendo, why do you smell like fried chicken," Setsune asked as she entered the common area.
"I...had some to eat."
"Must've been really delicious because I can smell it from over here."
"Its certainly one for the memories," she sighed as she headed to her room.