♡ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ 'ꜰᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ'ꜱ ♡

Hey :)
Welcome to the last part of this book.
The Author's note.

(Please read the entire thing cuz I have a lot to say but I'll make this quick!)

(GO CHECK OUT CHAPTER 60 IF YOU'RE HERE BEFORE THAT OR DIDN'T GET THE NOTIFICATION)

***

Okay. So where do I start? I'm way too emotional for this.

First,
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.♡
I'm grateful that you're here and reading this. I love you.♡

Let's rewind a bit, shall we?

I joined Wattpad in December, 2020. Because of a reel that popped up on my insta and I was intrigued by the comments.

The reel was about the midnight memories video and it said 'Duplicity vibes' in the caption and I was so confused about what it meant.
I went to the comments and still couldn't figure it out properly because I never have had a Wattpad account in the 19 years of my life. But when I saw the comments about it being a Harry styles fanfic and being great, I thought I should give it a try.

Duplicity is the first-ever fanfiction that I read.

So thank you, Julez happydays1d for writing that masterpiece and being such an inspiration because that literally changed my life.
Because if not for her, I wouldn't be here on Wattpad today.

When I finished reading it, I had this urge to write a story about Harry too. I don't know where it came from but it did. And I started writing random stuff in my notes app. And one day I showed it to my friend.

She read a few chapters it and appreciated it. She doesn't use Wattpad so I told her about it and she was like 'why don't you post it there?' and I was like 'WHAT!? NO WAY.' because I was so scared of being judged. But eventually, she convinced me.

I posted the trailer on 28th February, 2021.
And the prologue on 1st March, 2021.

And you guys- you people supported me from the first day itself
. And to the supporters who were here since 1st March, I love you. Thank you for not giving up on me.
I'm grateful for you.

You people made me realise that I wasn't worthless. You made me realise that I can actually do something good. And a lot of you left me lovely comments and dms. I remember being so excited every morning to check the views, comments and dms.
I still read all of your comments and I enjoy reading them so much because its a proof that y'all are actually liking my book and it has to be the best feeling in the world.

I remember getting 100 READS IN THE FIRST HECKING DAY AND I LITERALLY CRIED BECAUSE I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT.
And then you guys gave me 2K reads in I guess somewhat 5-6 days and I was balling my eyes out.

And it only went up from there.

Now that I've been through everything, I've learnt to appreciate what I have. I remember getting my first 100 comments and I got so happy that people were liking my book.
Now, I have over 40K reads and 38K comments.
Never would I have imagined getting this far.

I've gained readers, I've lost readers, I've dealt with criticism, I've been showered in compliments. And every bit of it is close to my heart and will always be.

This book got me through so much. I've been having the worst three months of my life and the only thing keeping me sane is coming back here to update and talk to you guys.

There came a point where I felt like I'd have to leave this book unfinished. But I could never do that to you guys. You've been there for me, you deserved better than that.
So despite everything, I kept going because of you people. I didn't want to let you down.

I'm sorry if the writing got bad but I was in a very low place for months.
I was crying every day. But I survived it.
And I'll survive this as well.
Somehow, I always do.

So, thank you. For everything.

I'm ending this book, yes. But I'm still here for every single one of you. Because you have been there for me.

This journey has been nerve-wracking but I wouldn't change a thing.
If I could, I'd turn back time to experience all of it all over again. I'd do that in a heartbeat.

As hard as it is, this is goodbye.

I love you people so much, with everything that I have in me. You were my escape and my strength all at once. I couldn't have asked for a better community.

So. Fucking. Grateful.

•••

I'm working on a book rn and hopefully, it'll come out soon enough and I'll be back here to announce when it's out.

I hope to see you in my next book.
You'll be there, right? :')

••••

Let's hope we get through the hard times soon so that I can bring you the new book sooner rather than later because I'm very excited about it.

I wouldn't have taken August off but I'm really burnt out emotionally. I need a break desperately but I'll be around here answering comments, posting announcements so if you don't already follow me you can do that if you want :)

But the way life is right now, I'll be grateful if I survive another week.

Keeping that in mind, just in case I don't ever come back, remember that you saved my life once. And I'm so, damn grateful for every single one of you.

You're my hope and my life.
Thank you for existing. You make my life worth it. <3

•••

Twitter: Louisgurl1D

Instagram: its.diot
^
(Just in case you need to know me a little better.)

•••

I hope to see you again coz honestly,

I'm half a heart without you.

Until next time, loves. All the love,

-Esther

I'LL LOVE YOU TILL FOREVER ENDS.