March: Too Far?

Chris POV

My lips rest just on the shell of Daphne's ear as I grab her by the waist. I can tell I've startled her. She inhales deeply and her body relaxes against me as she recognizes the scent of my cologne. Turning her head to her right she meets my lips in a sweet kiss.
"What are you doing here?" She asks me still looking bewildered.
"Bachelor party," I tell her.
"I'm afraid to ask what your evening has entailed," she says looking at me with a look of unease. She glances over to where the girls are and sees our brothers, dad, Hayden and some other guys from the station.
I lean back into her ear so she can hear me over the music. "Strippers, lap dances, trip to the ER. Ya know, the usual." Her eyes narrow at me with that 'look' that says I better be joking. "I'm kidding! I'd never do that stuff with your dad around." Now she's cocked her head and added the lifted brow. All I can do is laugh as I move her towards the bar where it's a little quieter. "Well, Hayden got with Oliver and rented a party bus. We went and had dinner, did a little ax throwing, shot some pool and then came here."

  "Hot lumberjack, huh? Sorry I missed it," Daphne says as she leans into me

  "Hot lumberjack, huh? Sorry I missed it," Daphne says as she leans into me. "By the way, I'll be the only one stripping and doing lap dances for you, understood?"
I feel a deep desire to crush her lips with mine. I hold the back of her head with my hand guiding the depth of this moment.
  I take a step back, breathless, holding her back at arms length to get a full look at her tonight. "I'm sorry we're not married yet. Damn, Daphne. You look incredible."
  She starts to try and hide herself from me. "Why do you cower away when I compliment you, but just moments ago you were out on the dance floor and just now talking about lap dances?"
  "Because I know out there no one is looking at me. I'm not noticeable. But with you," she says, "it's like you're ready to pounce."
  "You better believe I'm ready," I say as I slowly lick my lips. "One more week, baby." I see the familiar blush rising in her cheeks. "Get use to that, love," I tell her as I gently rub my thumb along her cheek until I touch her bottom lip. Daphne looks back at me, the blush gone but her eyes filled with lust. I feel the tip of her tongue ever so slightly touch my thumb as it rests on her lip. I shake my head slowly as she keeps full eye contact with me. "Soon," she tells me. My mind is simply screaming 'not soon enough.' 

  We rejoin our party where it appears that a couple of our friends and family have had a bit too much to drink. I'm learning that Hayden is a sloppy drunk and is attempting to hit on both of my sisters. Seeing them also a bit tipsy I decide it's detrimental to each of their marriages that I intervene.
"Alright ladies, I think you've had enough for today," I say as I start to lead them towards the door and away from Hayden and his wandering hands.
"Come on, man," Hayden slurs as he stumbles after us. "I'm trying to work on somethin here and you're not being a good wing man. You've got a girl and now tryin to leave with these two? Wait til I tell Daphne."
I remain standing between him and my sisters. "Shut up,Hayden. You don't know what you're talking about. These are my sisters." He tries to push me off to the side. "You need to back off now." I catch Oliver's eye and make a motion for assistance. Thankfully he holds his liquor better than my friend here.
Oliver comes over and tosses an arm around Hayden's shoulder. "Let's uh, get you some water, man."
I continue my trek of helping the girls to their limousine. I talk to the driver about giving my sisters a direct ride home to Scott's and toss him a few extra dollars to cover the overage.