February: It's a ...

Daphne POV

"Dodge, mama is starting to feel like a cow," I tell him as I attempt to button up my jeans. He lays on the edge of the bed, watching me, cocking his head side to side as if he's taking note of my increased mid section. "Nope. Not happening." I give up and attempt to peel the jeans back off of me, struggling so much that I have to lay down on the bed. I try to shimmy and shake my way out of them with no luck. "Chris!"

I'm only 16 weeks, I should be thankful I've been able to still wear most of my clothes to this point. A minor lack in appetite due to nausea has helped that situation.

I hear quick, soft steps as he jogs across the house to see me laid out on the bed, my pants wide open. "Whatcha doin there, babe?" He asks, stopped at the door frame with a funny grin on his face.

"My pants don't fit anymore. And now, I can't get them off. Might as well grab the scissors and cut me out of them," I huff out, staring at the ceiling. I realize how ridiculous I sound, and yet I don't care.

Chris gives me a soft smile as he moves closer to the bed. After shooing Dodger off to the other side of the bed he joins me, laying down on his back next to me. He takes his right hand and lays it over my barely there bump. "Driving mommy a little crazy today I see, little one."

I rest my hand on top of his, keeping it close, feeling like all three of us are connected this way.

"I need you to be good today, little one. We'd like to know if you're a Phoebe or a Phoebo," he says with a chuckle, referencing one of my favorite Friends lines.

I lean up on my elbows. "What am I suppose to wear? Nothing fits."

Chris gets up off the bed, moving between my legs that hang off the edge of the bed. He grabs the pants legs at my ankles and begins to try and pull them off of me, shaking and wiggling, trying to be funny. Of course it works and I join in on the laughter. "Be nice to me," I start. "I'm carrying your baby."

"And you look hella gorgeous doing it," he says before leaning over me, pushing my back against the bed again. His lips find mine before eventually making their way across my jaw and down my neck.

I release a small whimper before placing my hands against his chest, pushing him back. "We don't have enough time."

"So, we're a little late. Not a big deal," he says as his lips now hover over my stomach. I sit up further, causing a pout to cross his face.

"We're not the only ones going. Now, help me find something to wear." I pull him along with me into the closet. He automatically grabs an item and holds it out to me. "That's a swimsuit cover, Chris."

"But, there's no zipper and no buttons so it'll fit." He shrugs trying to push the hanger closer to me. Slowly my head shakes side to side. "Get out. I'll do it myself."

Five minutes later I emerge from the bedroom in a long navy maxi dress that thankfully has an empire waist so it lays just right over my growing belly. Although, my chest has already began changing as well and looks like it wants to explode out of the top of the dress.

Chris gives me a look of vast appreciation, focusing on my chest. I walk past him into the kitchen, grabbing my purse and move to head into the garage before turning around. His eyes still focused below my neck. "Eyes up, Evans." I grin at him wickedly. "You can stare all you want later."

~~~~~

Thirty minutes later, after driving all the way across town, Chris pulls the truck into A Stork's View where I see my parents, brothers and sister in laws waiting for us, along with my nieces. As Chris comes around to open my door I see Scott's car pull up next to us.