May: Play Ball

"How did you fit so much into this tiny apartment?"
Daphne asks Chris as she's packing up another box.

  The newlyweds had been back home for a week before diving into packing up Chris's apartment. 

  Looking around Chris shrugs his shoulders. "I'm not entirely sure. When laid out it doesn't look like a lot."

  "These boxes prove otherwise," Daphne chuckles, taping up another box.

  "Some came from my dad's house, although Scott has quite a bit from it as well," he says.

  Chris takes the latest boxes and loads them into Daphne's car. "Let's make a run to your house before your parents get here to help with the furniture."

  "You mean our house," Daphne reminds him.

  "Slip of the tongue, love," he says with a kiss before going to open the door for her.

  "I know a few places that tongue can slip," Daphne whispers without realizing she's spoken aloud.

  "What's that, babe?"

  "Hm? I didn't say anything," she says climbing into the car and starting the engine. Chris climbs into the passenger side with a small smirk, knowing exactly what she said.

  After four hours of loading and unloading items between the house and the Jeffries garage the couple grabs drive thru before heading back to the apartment.

  They sit in the middle of the empty living room. "Think Dodger will miss it here?"

  Chris shakes his head. "He'll be happier with all that land, free to roam. I don't think he'll miss the ten feet of grass I have here."

  Daphne crumples up the fast food wrappers and tosses them into the bag before standing. So," she starts, "we need to deep clean and then I guess you can turn in the keys."  She reaches down, offering her hand to Chris to help him stand. She should've known better.

  Chris grabs her hand but instead of pulling up, he pulls Daphne down into his lap. He begins attacking her neck as she giggles from the tickles his beard provides. He rolls her off of his lap and onto the floor, covering her body with his.

  "What are you doing?" Daphne asks.

  "I seem to recall someone saying something about where my tongue could slip," he tells her between kisses, his hand finding the button of her shorts, popping them open.

~~~~

"You sure Daphne is okay with this?" Hayden asks Chris as they finish up their shift.

"It was her idea," he assures him.

"I just don't want it to be awkward. Ya know from the wedding and all," Hayden says before closing his locker.

"Just don't bring Sophie around again and everything will be fine," Chris says.

Hayden shakes his head. "No worries there. That ship sailed before the wedding. But I still hate that it all happened."

"Maybe just start thinking with the head above your shoulders more often than the other," Chris offers with a slap on the shoulder.

"Funny you should mention that," Hayden starts. He moves to sit on the bench across from where Chris stands against the counter. "I, uh, actually met someone."

Chris raises his eyebrows and crosses his arms in front of his chest. "Really?"

Hayden nods. "You're gonna laugh though."