Rehearsal Day Part 2

Family members chatted animatedly as they waited for the future Mr. and Mrs. to join them in the lobby of the hotel.

  Chris, for the second time today, knocked on Daphne's door. He was hopeful this time that she would open it. He was met with a "one sec," response. One second turned into five minutes.

  "I swear Daphne, you'll be late to your own funeral," Chris says just as the door swings open. His jaw goes slack as he sees his Bride to Be.

  "You clean up well Mr. Evans," Daphne says with a smile. "Can you carry this in your pocket for me so I don't have to carry a purse?" She hands him her lipstick and key card. "Thanks." 

  "Chris? Are you okay?" She asks as he continues to stare at her

  Chris manages to regroup, shaking his head to bring himself back to the present and compliments Daphne. "You look like an angel." Daphne blushes at his words. "Seriously. You just took my breath away."

  "Just wait til tomorrow," Daphne gives a knowing smirk. "Any chance you're gonna lose that sweater and roll up the sleeves later?"
  "I might be persuaded to make that happen. It depends," Chris flirts back.

  "Depends on what?"
  "If my wife to be will give me the honor of a dance tonight," he asks with a questioning look.
  Daphne pretends to think on the offer as they walk to the elevator. "I think I can make that happen."

  The elevator doors open to reveal the rest of the family and friends that have come in for the rehearsal. "It's about time, lovebirds," James calls out. Sarah runs to grab Daphne by the hand and pulls her towards the door.

  "Easy sweet girl. Aunt Daphne's in heels," she laughs as she tries to keep up with her niece.

The park is just two blocks up from the hotel so they decide to walk. "How was the trip up?" Chris asks Hayden.

"Not too bad. Thankfully my shift was light this morning so I got off on time," Hayden tells him. "So, I hope this won't be weird but I have a date coming."

Chris turns his head to look at his friend. "I'm sure it'll be okay but have you told Daphne? She might freak out."

"Well not exactly but I did include the number on my RSVP card," Hayden explains.

"Oh, well, yeah then it should be fine. Anybody I know?"

Hayden looks around nervously. He starts to fidget with his sports coat. "Sort of."

Chris is confused. "How do I sort of know someone?"

"It's Sophie," he tells Chris.

Chris gives him a 'you've got to be kidding me' look. "Tell me you're joking, man. Please tell me she's not your date this weekend."

"I can't do that. She came up with me today. She's gonna meet us at the boat for the dinner cruise," Hayden answers.

"I didn't even know you two were dating. You haven't mentioned anything at the station," Chris says.