Honeymoon Part 1

Chris helps Daphne out of the truck, careful not to damage her dress. He locks it behind them as he takes her hand in his, leading her to the door.
"Where are we exactly?" Daphne asks as they climb the four steps to the entry way.
"The Gastonian," Chris answers. "It's the most prestigious Bed and Breakfast in Savannah."
"Prestigious, huh? What did I do to deserve this?"
She asks playfully.
"By just being you, my sweet Daphne," he tells her with a kiss to the top of her nose.

Since Chris checked in earlier in the day they by passed the front desk. They walk hand in hand up the stairs, Chris leading the way. He stops in front of a door and fishes the key from his pocket. After unlocking it he asks Daphne to close her eyes.

She chooses not to sass him at this time and does as he asked. With her eyes closed she doesn't know that Chris is getting himself in place to sweep her off her feet, literally. As he lifts her into his arms she lets out a squeal but quickly puts her hand over her mouth, afraid to wake up any sleeping neighbors. Chris can't help but chuckle at his kind hearted bride.

"You can put me down," she says laughing.
"No ma'am. Traditional remember," he reminds her as he turns the door knob.

Daphne's eyes remain closed as Chris steps over the threshold into their suite. He sets her back on her feet with his arms wrapped around her waist. "Open your eyes, love," he whispers over the shell of her ear.
Slowly Daphne opens her eyes. She's met with a gorgeous suite fit for a king. "Chris," she sighs. "This is too much."
"I mean, it's no Holiday Inn but I thought it would be acceptable," Chris grins as he remembers a prior conversation the two had.

Daphne walks around the suite, taking it all in. The four poster bed, the sitting area, the private balcony and then the large jacuzzi tub. "It's all beautiful, but..."
"No buts Daph. I want this to be everything you've ever dreamed it to be. You deserve this and so much more."
  Daphne finds herself standing in front of her husband again. She takes his hand, resting it on her cheek. "The way you see me," she sighs, closing her eyes. "I don't understand it, but I'm thankful for it."

  Tenderly Chris lowers his head to place a soft kiss to his wife's pink, plush lips. "You are perfect for me. Others couldn't see how perfect you are because you were meant for me." Her heart races at his words. He continues to hold Daphne, reassuringly against his chest.

  "I'd really like to just relax," Daphne says.
  "Of course, whatever you want," Chris tells her punctuating his sentence with a kiss to the top of her head. He's being honest with her even though his flesh desires something much different.

  Looking up at her husband through her lashes, "take a bath with me?" She asks timidly.

  Chris's heart skips a beat at what Daphne just asked. "I'd love to," he says knowing what a large step this is for her.

He walks away from her to begin running the bath. Earlier in the day he placed her favorite bubble bath by the tub. Chris pours a generous amount as the bath begins to fill. Walking back towards Daphne he untucks his shirt and begins unbuttoning his dress shirt but feels Daphne's fingertips stopping him as she takes over.

Her movements are timid, shy, reserved. But Chris is in no rush. He stands still, admiring the sweetness of his bride. The small smile that adorns her lips, the playful but mysterious glint across her eyes.

Once the last button is finished she pushes the shirt off of his arms, revealing the t-shirt he wore underneath. "Hmm..." she hums.

"What is it love?" Chris asks as his hand grazes her arm.

"I seem to recall that I've never even seen you shirtless. Just the slightest bit of a tattoo poking out once," she reminds him thinking back to the hockey game they attended together.