59

The gala was extravagant and festive

The gala was extravagant and festive. Dark glittered curtains hung around in drapes, their edges covered with tassels falling on the floor. There was the sound of a celebration heard all over as people mingled, greeted each other. Classical music bellowed from huge speakers that was honestly, a little too much for my liking.

Several people turned to look my way as I walked into the crowd, feeling nervous yet excited to meet potential friends and scared of my enemies.

A waiter stopped before me, presenting a tray of drinks and I gratefully picked up a glass of champagne, sipping on it to avoid looking lost.

It wasn't until Yeosang came around to stand by me that people actually noticed me.

"Is that the heiress?"

The question slipped past the whispers and reached my ears.

As he escorted me, I go over the story we'd decided upon. The beautiful lie we would be telling the people so I can be their hero they'll believe in.

It's simple and easy but still so difficult to put into words.

I was born to a vampire father and a werewolf mother. They'd died at the mercy of vampires because their kind had betrayed them, my dad in this case. My grandmother took me in, looking after me as she raised me to restore myself to my birthright- the rightful throne of the werewolves. I was given up to the vampires as a kid by my father to save my life as he and my mother were killed. That made me become a vampires mate. Even though I'd lived with him for some time, I'd realised how terrible his nature and rule was. That led me to realise my true feelings and I contacted my grandmother to help me escape.
And now I am returned to my rightful place.

The story was disgusting to me. My rightful place wasn't here. It was back with Jungkook.

Yeosang led me to a group of men, standing near a round table as a number of eyes followed me. I forced myself to breathe, trying to ignore all the eyes scrutinising my every move.

Yeosangs hand was draped around my waist, his warmth burning through the think fabric of the dress. His touch was too hot, not in the way you're thinking.

"Where's Chan." He whispered, his nose near my ear.

I wanted to push him away so badly but it wouldn't look good in front of all these people I have to impress.

"He told me he'll be watching from afar." I whispered back, keeping a sickly sweet smile on my face.

"Ah." As we reached the group, one man turned around, smiling as he took me in. "It's a pleasure to meet after so long Nerà."

I smiled back, not quite reaching my eyes and didn't reply. I stood torn between fear and pride as I stared at him. He was trying his best to abduct me a few days ago.

"I'm Jinyoung." He said, putting out his hand, expecting me to hold it so he could plant his lips on it.

I know. I wanted to say. I wanted to punch that slimy smile off his face.