4

"It is hard to define it,"🖤

🖤

By the time I had called Junhyung to come and pick me up, I'd already calmed down from the incident and now it seemed as if nothing had happened but the buzzing in my veins told me otherwise. Once the adrenaline rush wore out, my limbs felt tired and limp, like I'd worked out a lot.

The black BMW stopped in front of the small, dingy 24/7cafe I was seated in and a concerned Junhyung dragged himself out of it. His eyes lit up as he noticed my huddled figure on one of the dusty tables.

The bell tinkled as he pushed the door open, rushing over to me."Are you okay? Is everything okay? Where is your car? Are you hurt? What happened?" He grabbed my face, squishing it between his long fingers and scrutinized me.

"Umfff-Im Paine Junghfyung" I somehow managed to speak and he released my face. Letting out a breath of relief.

"god, you have no idea how worried i was. plus your grandma made it worse, heck she's threatened to kill me thrice. she's been screaming at me and begging for me to get you home."

I made a face. "bro, I've stayed out later on other nights, why is she so worked up today? what for?"

Junghyun shrugged, "maybe because it's well over four am now néra." he politely informed me and my eyes widened.

had it really been that long?

---

Junhyung and I walked inside a cold and dark home that belonged to me and were immediately met by a crazed old lady.

There were clothes littered everywhere and suitcases lay here and there. Junhyung raised an eyebrow at me and I just shrugged. I had no idea what was going on.

"Nerà!"  I heard my grandma shout from the other room,  she hurried in with a worried look dceorating her face and I knew something was wrong. She rarely called me Nerà, the name felt too unfamiliar she would say.

"What are you-"

"Get out of here. Get lost and never come back." she snarled as she handed me a few suitcases and looked over at Junhyung.

"Leave. Now." She hissed and he looked taken aback.

"Both of you. Leave right now." She rushed a hand into her bag and got out a couple of papers. "These documents including your passport will make you look like a married couple. It has tickets to London where you will stay for as long as I tell you."

I frowned at her pinched tone and sour expression. She had no reason to be this rude to me or him. My mind was in overdrive and Junhyung looked just as confused. "What is the matter?" I moved closer to her, trying to hold her arm but she moved back from me.

"Your flight is in an hour. Leave now. Leave!" She screamed at us and pointed to the door, making me feel my curiosity build up with anger.

"No! Grandma what's going on?" I spoke up, forcing myself to place my mind to the situation.

"Nerà please leave. Leave! They will be here. He will be. He will take you away. They will... Leave before they come." She spoke to me,  looking extremely desperate and tears shone in her eyes.

I wanted to know what was going on and was desperate for answers. But the desperate and pleading, teary face of my grandma almost shut me up. "did you have a nightmare? did someone prank call you grandma? is there a problem?" i questioned, "is someone bothering you?" i had no time to deal with her panic when my own experience was still seeping into my bones.

Junhyung reached ahead to hold her hand and she hugged him tight. "Take care of her Junhyung.." she whispered and hugged me next.

"I'm sorry I couldn't protect you Belle." She whispered and cried on my shoulder. "You have to leave before he comes."

She broke the hug and removed a small locket from her bag, tying it around my neck. "Bye my love... I'll miss you... Be safe."

"okay this is making absolutely no sense. can you at least try to talk to me?" i frowned, refusing to accept whatever she was trying to dish to me. "you can't just make me leave the continent out of nothing?"

my grandma sighed, breathing deeply as if she was trying to remain patient and not hit me. "listen, there is something huge going on néra, and it can harm you. there is someone, just like you said. there is someone who has a debt upon me and he is not to be messed with. i don't want to drag you down with me dear, just leave."

this was looking a lot more like a wattpad fanfiction than a bad dream now.

"look grandma, first of all, a major fuck you to the nutjob who is after you and troubling you but he can't possibly have a debt larger than life. whatever it is, whoever it is. let him come, let him come and we'll settle this maturely like adults or legally if the need arises." i quietly spoke, wanting to calm her down but she refused to listen.

"oh no you silly girl you don't get it!" she raised her voice, making me flinch at the sudden change in her tone. "he is not someone you can negotiate with! he won't listen to you, of all people, a mere 23 year old human-"

"she is right you know." a very familiar tone echoed through the room.

the hair on the back of my neck perked up, the chills from earlier came back as i heard that darned voice once more.

what was he doing here?

i saw my grandmothers eyes widen as she took the man behind me in. i refused to turn back and look at him, how did he even figure out where i live? is he here to finish off the last witness to his crime?

"look at me when i speak to you néra." he mumbled, his tone hinting at amusement. i heard footsteps leading up behind me.

"hey listen! look at me!" grandma yelled, snapping her head to him. "you have business with me. not her. leave her alone."

he tsked, adding in a breathy chuckle as if the thought was funny. "oh luna," he sighed, taking my grandmother's real name. with the way he said it with such hate, he must know her personally, i figured. "you're still the same, pretending to ignore the reality. you can't possibly make me leave without her, can you? it's been 23 exact years. you know that the time is up. the deal is now set in motion."

"what deal?" i finally mustered my voice, speaking slowly as the man stopped a little near me. "what are you trying to say?"

i looked sideways at him, too scared to look him right in the eye, i could see the same handsome features from earlier, though they were much more relaxed than before. "the deal where you, start belonging to me, on 6 august 2022."

"what? is, is this true?" i turned to my grandmother, waiting for her to yell "IT"S A PRANK" to my face and tell me this is a sick joke but the events from earlier and my grandmother's expression old me otherwise.

"and if i refuse?"

"it's simple." he cracked his knuckles, tilting his neck. "these two die and you live painfully till you die in a few years."

"you see, i know you you know that i am not human little girl." he grinned, leaning down.

"my name is not little girl." i snapped back and his grin turned into a smirk.

"well, néra, you know very well that i am not a human, granted that, it's pretty obvious that my deals aren't human either. choose your pah. either you come with me like you should. or you play with the vow and let it torture you for the rest fo your life."

"choose wisely." he finished when i finally turned to look at him fully, noting the dark glint in his eyes.