69

i was made to dress up in another uselessly proofed up dress and i hated every fake smile i had to throw at the people. yeosang didn't leave my side for even a single second as he made sure i was not faking anything.

he still didn't believe that i was completely on their side and honestly, he was the only smart guy here. i didn't let him catch onto me though. i played the perfect role the entire time, never slipping up for even a second.

not even when i could clearly see luna mistreat all the staff and abuse them for no reason, hell had it not been for this act, i would've fought her but nope, i had to control it and stay in character.

"i see that you won't be letting me do my duties tonight sir." chan appeared at our side, all dressed up for the event. i greeted him with a tilt of my glass and yeosang smiled brightly at him.

clearly he was in a good mood. "ah no no chan. it's just that i wish to spend tonight with my loving belle."

chan smiled at the response, bowing deeply at us both. yeosang nodded, asking if i needed a refill and motioned for chan to get me one.

as chan's fingers touched mine, i felt him tap a little deeply at my skin. silently telling me that he was here and all i had to do was call his name.

i looked up to see the silent support in his eyes and gratefully smiled back.

"he's a good one isn't he?" yeosang asked me, the hints of malice which i expected were not present. yeosang was genuinely impressed with chan.

"he is, i'm glad you got him to assist me. thanks a lot yeosang." i looked up at him, and he seemed relieved at the way i was staring at him.

great, i seemed believable. the plan was working.

"isn't this so nice. you could've had this had you not been so idiotic and rushed to the vampires." he tutted and i chuckled, or like, forced out one.

"well, that's true. i was stupid but can you blame me? my entire world has been thrown over. i was barely thinking. i should've realised what's right." i sighed, pretending to regret my older decisions.

fuck i regret my past decisions a lot more, especially the ones where i thought that the brothen was right and the coven was wrong.

"atleast you're here now. thanks a lot belle, you're where you're meant to be. as the rightful heir of werewolves."

i leaned into his embrace, smiling deeply but it slowly faltered as jinyoung walked up to us.

"greetings." he smiled and i resisted the urge to knock his face up. "it's lovely to see that you have finally gained insight."

"hello to you too jinyoung." yeosang nodded and let go of you to shake his hand.

"what are you doing here? aren't you a vampire?" you mumbled, hiding the distaste in your voice. you hated this man with everything in you.

"you see, i'm more a person of opportunity. wherever i see fit, i blend in. and now i know that the werewolves are right. plus i hate that son of a bitch jungkook and would do anything to get him off the throne. even if it means getting his mate away from him to weaken him."

my eyes almost widened in anger but i stilled myself, chuckling as i leaned back into yeosangs embrace. "well then you're doing a pretty good darn job. he can't possibly heal when i'm almost out of the mate bond with him. and out of it too."

jinyoung raised his eyebrows and i knew he was surprised but he believed me. guess i am a good liar.

"let's go belle, we've got to start the first step for tomorrows ritual." yeosang told me as he bid jinyoung good bye and we both walked away.

"what's the first step?" i questioned, having had no recollection of the steps.

"sleeping with your soon to be werewolf mate."

wtf.