16

I wish you could see what it's like to be me--

--

I tried to sleep but I couldn't. The night was still young and what happened earlier kept on replaying itself mercilessly in front of my closed eyes. A deep pain shot through my abdomen and I stood up straight in a second, clutching my stomach through the fabric that I had been wearing since hours. I gasped and tried to control my pain but I knew it was of no use.

My period cramps are way worse to handle. As if that wasn't enough, I was also hungry. Extremely hungry and I hadn't even finished the dinner at Jungkooks manor.

Taehyung had told me make myself at home right? I walked to the door, slowly opening it walking out after making the decision to get something to eat. I decided to leave my phone behind. There wasn't much I could do anything with it now.

I walked myself down the wooden stairs in soft, quiet steps as I knew Taehyung had said that he would sleeping on the couch and I didn't want him to see me. I almost reached the end of the staircase when I heard his voice.

"Nerà." His voice was clear, indicating that he wasn't sleeping after all. "What's wrong? It's after midnight. "

I bit my lip and turned around with a sheepish smile. "Ahh.. It's nothing, I just needed water.. You can go back.." I mumbled an right on cue my stomach grumbles loudly.

This made him chuckle and I turned red in embarrassment. "Of course you're hungry. You missed dinner." He smiled. "What do you want to eat?"

"Anything is fine. I'm starving."

"Do you want to order something or is home cooked fine?" He said, brushing his hair out of his alluring eyes.

"Home cooked is fine." I smiled, once I was over the after effect of his handsome looks.

I had assumed that he would order a servant or maid to cook something but instead he walked to the kitchen, gesturing for me to follow. He stopped near the counter and I sat on the high chair. "Would you like flavored rice?" He asked as he laid out an ensemble of pots and pans.

I nodded, my hunger growing.

He smiled and got to work, gliding smoothly over to the fridge and taking out vegetables. Then leaning down and taking out spices.

It was, to be honest, a pretty sweet and warm sight. Seeing a royal vampire in the heir line cooking like a normal person in his home. I could see his broad and we'll built back as he stirred the contents of the metal bowl on the induction.

I was as in awe as his long, slender fingers held the knife and sliced and diced through tomatoes, onions and peppers, pouring the into the pain. The way his brows furrowed when he grinned the spices together and the way he concentrated on the delicious concoction he was readying.