18

--"What do you see when you look at me?"--

--
"What do you see when you look at me?"
--

Roseanne came around 1 in the afternoon. Though she was worked up and worried about me, she was calm after a few minutes and dozens of reassurances from me.

"It all happened so suddenly!" She exclaimed when we both were successfully seated in the living room with two mugs of coffee. "You can't even imagine how worried I was to find you gone the next day!"

I smiled softly. "Ah come on. Why were you so worked up. One of them must've taken me somewhere or something."

Roseanne chuckled nervously. "It's exactly why I was worried." She mumbled but I still heard her.

"Wait. That was why you were worried?" I asked her and she gulped before taking another sip nervously from her coffee.

"Roseanne.." I pushed her further.

She sighed and put the mug down, staring at me through her long lashes. "Nerà, it kills me to say this but Master Jeon is one strong and stubborn vampire. He is not even completely in control of his own abilities and that makes him more dangerous. If he took you somewhere out in the night all alone, when he is not on good terms with you... There's a slim chance that its for something good."

She paused.

"You haven't seen him the way I have."

Her tone tells me that we're treading towards a topic which she wished to avoid so I focus on my coffee instead. Everyone has told me to be wary of him. Everyone I've met who knows him.

I don't know him the way they do.

--

Taehyung and Jimin come back at around seven in the evening. After Roseanne and I had a day with no worries about the coven, she left when the two arrived.

Jimin looked fine but Taehyung looked hurt, he was limping on his left leg and wincing at every step. His hair was disheveled and his face was drained of color.

"What happened?" I rushed over to them, looping an arm around him to support him. "What were you guys doing?" A sudden stench hit me and I felt my stomach clench. I forced myself to swallow back the wave of nausea coming over me.

Taehyung grunted as we carried him over to his bedroom, making him lie down on the bed. "That bastard Jinyoung." He muttered and sat down with groan.

"The coven of seven form the eastern side." Jimin looked at me. "They challenged us."

I must've looked extremely confused to which he spoke further.

"What do you think? We just laze around in riches and fuck women?" Jimin joked. "We are coven who protects their people. And right now... We have someone extremely important to protect." He said as he leaned down beside me to check on Taehyung. "You have to leave Nerà. You cannot witness vampiric healing till you've bonded."

I nodded and squeezed Taehyung's hand one last time before leaving. He gave me a smile and mouthed 'Im okay".

--

If the east side coven is their enemy,they can be my allies.

Jimin walked out of Taehyung's room approximately 20 minutes later. He looked at me still standing outside the door and gestured for me to follow him. We walked together through the manor till we reached one of the balconies.

"We are not the only vampires in the world. As you would probably know already. There are several other families, hierarchical ones, blood ones and pure ones... Along with impure ones. The coven from the eastern side we met with today are those from the blood of impure."

He sat down in the balcony and pulled up a chair for me.

"Got7." He spat the name with disgust. "They are one of the most disgusting covens alive. They were formed from families who stole the vampiric essence preacher forcefully became vampires just to obtain the benefits. But a few of them are pure ones form blood lines. This makes them the blood of impure coven."

I tried to take all of this information in. "What is your coven's name then?"

"Pure bloods." He whispered and was silent for some time.

Seeing as he was not saying anything further, I decided to ask the question bugging me a lot. "Why did you guys leave so suddenly to face those guys?"

"Jungkook told us to." He shrugged simply. "And we have someone extremely important to protect." He smiled.

"Who?" I asked, not being able to control myself.

"You." He answered with a finish. "They know about you Nerà.. They're coming after you."

--

A/n: hey guys!!

Check out my new book 'Ephemeral' for some soft (and angst) kook.

I've made kook so cold hearted in this..i need to redeem him with fluff and care in Ephemeral.

(shameless self promo)