71

i couldn't believe my eyes as i stared at the man i'd fallen in love with.

the whole situation was too familiar, the same chuckle, the same panicked feelings and the same intense craze in his eyes. except that this craze was for me, for my protection.

my jungkook was here.

my heart soared at the feeling, making my feet feel light as i couldn't stop a smile from breaking out. chan obviously, had hurried to my side, ready to defend me against any sudden capture by the brothen since the coven was now here.

as if two magnets searching for each other, our eyes caught each other's stare. my heartbeat sped up, and it seemed like a dream.

he looked as handsome as ever, with his intimidating gaze and features of a greek god. his eyes held an unmistakable amount of guilt as he stares at me and i had the horrible urge to run to him, capture him in my arms and tell him that it was okay. that it was all okay and he was here.

his face screamed anger, his stance yelled power as he stood tall, his confident posture making everyone turn heads to him.

every inch of him was covered in bouts of anger , "how dare you touch her." was all he muttered, his teeth clenched. i felt myself gulp and from the side, i saw yeosang gulp too.

"HOW DARE YOU FUCKING TOUCH HER?" he yelled, so loudly that his chest rumbled, making the entire room almost shake from the pure fury in his tone and eyes. jinyoung flinched, moving away to shield me.

"what the fuck?" yeosang and jinyoung cried out, rushing to get a hold of me but before they could, chan pulled me out of the way.

the chaos that ensued effectively broke my eye contact. "you take care of this lords, i'll take miss to safety." chan assured them and they nodded.

"just don't let that bloodsucker take her." yeosang ordered him, preparing to fight as the other coven members appeared behind jungkook.

my heart warmed at seeing them after so long, seeing them coming to protect me made me realise how terribly wrong i'd been in my judgement. watching them fight for me had me realise what true family meant, and it wasn't always blood.

"come with me." chan whispered in my hair as people screamed, running here and there to either flee or fight.

i caught one last glimpse of jungkook as he readied himself to fight before chan pulled me away from the chaos to a corridor.

"you're to run away with me, jungkook sir will be here to see you off soon. just go to your room for now and pick out anything that is very important and you need to carry with you. the other basics are ready for you. only pick what is important as life for you." he told me with a solemn voice. "and don't talk to anyone." he sighed, "i won't leave your side. but just in case something happens to me, you'll know what to do. my members will be coming soon. tell them the password- step out."

i gulped, bunching up my dress as we both rushed to my room. "step out. okay got it."

"they'll recognise you anyway but to be sure that yeosang or anyone is not impersonating you, they need the password." chan explained and i nodded, hurriedly unlocking the door as i rushed to get the necklace jungkook had gotten me months ago.

"i'm done."

chan and i stood at the rooftop, waiting for jungkook and his members when a loud crash had us shocked.

"what the fuck are you doing?" yeosang yelled, as he stood near the entrance. "you said you'll keep her safe chan?"

"this is the safest place sir, nobody will think of coming to the rooftop-."