Extract

"You can't be serious!" I exclaimed as we cleaned up the table and Jimin cleaned himself

"You can't be serious!" I exclaimed as we cleaned up the table and Jimin cleaned himself. "Are you actually not joking right now?"

Jimin wiped his face with a tissue. "Why would I lie about something like that?"

Well, he had a point there.

I stopped what I waa doing and walked over to him, placing a hand over his. "How did you cope?" I whispered, knowing how important this bond was to them.

"It took me a month to do so, but I was able to manage it." He cracked a small smile. "I distracted myself by looking after you." He ruffled my hair and I smiled.

I wanted to believe that we were Jimin and Nerá from months before.  When I wasnt a vampires mate, when people were after me cause of my blood and Jimin was just a normal guy in his twenties who'd had his girlfriend cheat on him.

"You should have worried about Taehyung instead."

I looked up and stared at him, noticing the crooked teeth for the first time.

Did he...

"We got into a huge fight, obviously. You see the chipped tooth? It's because of him." Jimin sighed. "Imagine what I would've felt? My best friend, cheating with my mate? It hurts Nerá.. especially when you relation is bonded."

I softly caressed his hand, trying tk give any sort of empathetic feelings I could. "Hey hey, it's okay..." I wanted him to stop if he felt hurt talking about it but he shook his head.

"It feels good to find someone actually listening to me. It feels good letting it out and it involves you so you deserve to know."

I nodded and he continued. "Namjoon wasn't too happy when he found out what had happened. He chained Taehyung in silver for days, he even threatened Taehyung to relieve him of his mate tattoo and throw him out of the coven. What was even more puzzling, was the fact that Taehyung did not even object him."

He paused, pulling the hem of his shirt up to his abs. "You see this." He pointed to a small tattoo on his abdomen. "This was a black widow..it was my mate mark." He dictated. "These focus on how your bond goes and the tattoo grows when you find your mate. It's just turned into a patch now..with no meaning."

When I seemed confused, he elaborated. "She was my black widow Nerá."

I realised what he was saying but was still confused, he put his shirt back down and looked at me. "Taehyung knew that she was playing with you. It was just my luck that I found her as my mate and he did try to warn me off. But the only way I would push her away was when I would see that she has cheated. Since she was never invested in the bond, it was easy for her."

"Taehyung made her cheat in such a way that I would see. And fight to him about."

"She was shunned in public and thrown out while Taehyung was kept quiet. It was win for us. Because Taehyung sacrificed."

"Wasn't it still wrong though?" I asked.

"Yes, it was extremely wrong of him. He could've told us the truth instead but what can we do, that boy can't control himself when it comes to females.. especially ones he can't have." Jimin sighed.

"What do you mean?"

"Taehyung's scarred. He can never have a mate."

"What?" I asked out in shock.

"Because he broke one mate bond, he can never have another one. We still don't know what his tattoo looked like. It's just..sad..even though we feel that he kind of deserves it." Jimin shrugged.

"Anyway, you should go and rest, you'd given a lot of strength to kook earlier." He nodded to the bedrooms.

"What about the werewolves?" I questioned and he sighed.

"I legit laid out my mate story to you and I'm emo as fuck right now and you want to hear that as well? Please Nerá, not now." He said, his eyes were tired and pleading.

Seeing how he was right, I agreed to him and called it a night.

__

a/n- filler chapter

take care of yourselves

i purple you