Part 4

This part is from Ninad's point of view. 

Ninad

Major Ninad Chavan respectfully retired officer from Indian military, proud father of ACP Virat Chavan; for anyone outsider it may seem that I am one of  the happiest person of the world. It is correctly said only wearer knows where shoe pinches. I may be proud father for Virat but I never was blessed with equal partner whom I may share everything in my mind. From early days in military I had seen Bhavani vahini as ideal bahu and wife for Nagesh dada, so I had pictured someone like her only to become my wife. I always wanted stay at home wife who will take care of me will understand me. My luck was not on my side. I had to marry girl whose father died due to some illness and Bhavani Vahini gave promise to her dying father that I will marry his daughter! I got married even before I fully understand what was happening. The girl I married Ashwini was much younger at least nine to ten years than me. I was cursing my fate when in night of our first day she announced that she wanted to practice her CA professional and had job before. I strictly refused as I was proud Chavan and no Chavan bahu had worked up till now. She was adamant I tried hard to explain her but she didn't listen to me. At last I went to Bhavani Vahini and left matters in her hand. That was turning point of my life. My wife did not utter a single word for next ten days. I also ignored it as her childness, as my date of rejoining duty came closer I tried to tell her to always obey Bhavani vahini. She at last day of my holiday asked me only one thing. When are you coming back? Bas nothing! She was not even feeling sad that I was leaving for long duty. I did not answered her at all. This became routine for me I went to tours and will be back. She will complete all her wifely and DIL duties but never talked more than answering questions. Meanwhile Omi married to Sonali a big businessman's daughter and Ashwini's workload increased. I was looking  at her silence but ignored it as her stubbornness of not wanting any help. When Manasi came back to house with little Samrat she was most thrilled. Don't misunderstand me but I believed that daughter's true house is her husband's house. One day I heard some commotion at door and saw Samrat was crying and al were looking. Suddenly I heard  loud calling "Samraaat! No one is going to call Samrat anything he is oldest son of this Chavan family and that's final." This was the first time I saw Ashwini her glimming eyes and fierceness. From that day Samrat become her son and family's oldest son. 

At Delhi headquarters I got family station and for the first time I went with Ashwini and introduced her to my colluge .She became instantly famous in our circle. At that year we were blessed with Virat. From that she changed completely she became mother but I couldn't convince myself to become baba that Virat deserved. After getting transfer in Nagpur permanently for desk job we returned to Chavan Niwas, AS soon as she entered house she became same silent DIL and wife of Ninad Chavan. Are I forgot to tell you one thing she had started practicing her CA in Delhi. She continued to do so in Nagpur also within confinement of our bedroom. I gave her own PC for her work. I guess that was first and only smile I got from her.  Whatever companionship we had built at our stay in Delhi was almost finished.

I was badly in need of friend. I found that friend in Bhavani vahini. I myself feel shame to accept the fact that we were more than friends but there were some borders we never crossed. There were times where I favored vahini on Ashwini but it never mattered to her. After Mohit was born she became ultimate mother to all three kids. It became rule in Chavan niwas to not speak in their matters as Ashwini was fiercely protective of three of them. She trained Samrat Virat and Mohit made them exercise went personally to their PTMs. Life was going good. I could understand Bhavani vahini's longing for son but Ashwini was so territorial in them, and Devayani was never close to her mother and this made Bhavani vahini slightly disturbed but Ashwini had made world for her and none could enter in it without her permission. When Patralekha's proposal was brought by vahini for the first time I went against Ashwini and fixed meeting. Ashwini was reluctant and declared in our bedroom that it was wrong decision. I ignored that because I knew it was Bhavani vahini who had brought the proposal that's why it was inappropriate. How wrong I was. 

Here I stand in front of Virat and Patralekha beti listening their conversation. Oh god what mess we created. My own son his fate was going to be same as mine. He also married for duty and loved someone else. I couldn't let happen another Ninad Chavan I never was ideal hell I never was good father but now is time I should step up. I know Samrat will be hurt but what is the use of this forced relationship where your life partner is reluctant. I will make Samrat understand and will make Virat and Pakhi's story in truth. In midst of all I suddenly was remembered about that girl who married Virat that innocent doll like girl who came in this house. I knew I failed to Ashwini and Ashwini had now accepted Sai as daughter. I knew it will be dangerous waters to be tested. I always wanted a daughter I guess I got one. I know I am confusing all but I am human being I do mistakes. I will not let anyone remain unhappy in this house any more. I am Ninad Chavan and I will make sure everyone gets their happiness at any cost. I will not let Virat and Sai to from any relationship to become it reason of heartbreak. I ignored surprised Pakhi and Virat and marched towards my daughter's Sai's room. There I saw most adorable scene I had ever encountered. Ashwini and Sai were in each other's arms Sai sleeping peacefully. As I smiled and turned back there stood Bhavani Vahini.

To be continued...

Hush Ninad was complicated to write but I tried my best. Next part will be from Bhavani's point of view. Thank you so much for this enormous response. Images courtesy of google.