Part 5

This part is from point of view  head of the Chavan family Bhavani Nagesh Chavan!

Bhavani

"I accept this marriage and she is not only daughter in law but daughter of this family" Ashwini's voice is still ringing in my mind. I was so disappointed today. I knew Ashwini always kept boys away from me any decisions concerning them were taken by her only. Boys also went behind her only by calling her Ashi ma. Where did I go wrong. I know where. When I married in Chavan house my mother had advised me that I am going to be oldest vahini of the family and to keep my position enact at any cost. My mother in law was not exactly disappointed when I gave birth to Devi but she was somewhat reserved about her. Nagesh however very much happy about her. In car accident my MIL passed away and in another two months my husband died in crossfire. I was so proud about him he served his country. Pride and Medals doesn't give you to eat is reality that crashed on us. As head of the house I took responsibility of Omi as Ninad was selected in military's one of the family member had steady income. I took Omi under my wings and opened business for him. Devi though disappointed me. She went and married that third class boy from our servant's family Pulkit and ran away! Almost after seven months we found her that to pregnant. I know people will find me cruel but I was trying to protect my family's honor. I just gave away by daughter's baby. I cried almost every night after that. The situation worsened as Devi couldn't digest trauma and became mentally imbalanced. In amidst of all I met Kulkarni my husbands long time friend who was on his deathbed and promised him to marry my brother in law to their daughter. I never knew it would turn out so wrong. Though there was nothing significantly wrong in Ashwini we never jelled up. At night of their wedding Ninad came to me to make Ashwini understand not to work. Now I understood what was wrong in Ashwini. I knew she was too much free bird to this house. I still warned her to obey her husband as it was duty of every wife.  Ashwini never uttered a single word after that. I was now regretting of wasting Ninad's life because of my thoughtlessness. After some years Samrat and Manasi also came back to live with us. Samrat though respected me he always clinged to Ashwini more.  After Virat's birth I thought I will get son like figure to dote upon but no Ashwini diplomatically always kept Virat away from me. Omi married Sonali after meeting her in some business party. I knew she was from some bigshot family and well to do daughter matching our reputation. (in short not at all like Ashwini). Sonali was really princess. She never took part in any household choruses. Ashwini used to do most of kitchen work Ninad's and Ashwini's relation had became formality and compromise only. Ninad started feeling lonely. I thought it was my responsibility. Ninad and I grew closer he became my late night companion when my own loneliness became haunting. We used to talk late at night Ashwini never liked it I guess but she never stopped us also.  After some time Mohit was born. I was delighted but not much. Sonali and Omi thought didn't look remarkably happy about it. Again Ashwini stood tall and took Mohit under her wings and I was left behind like discarded cloth. As boys grew up they chose their own carriers and now we started looking for marriage proposals. Mohit again disappointed him and ran away and married some Rajput girl. I never even bothered to meet her family also. For Samrat I had decide to find his bride myself. I found her also. Patralekha Mohite-Patil.  Reputated ucchakulin bride for my Samrat. Samrat like her and I saw  myself in her. She will be next head of the house if it is in my hand. I was not going to let Ashwini this round. Everything was arranged and Patralekha became bahu of Chavan khandan. The joy was short-lived and Samrat left for duty on very wedding night. Pakhi beti became lonely. Few days later we got to know that Virat and Pakhi were close friends from that gossip queen Karishma. It was nice though Ashwini didn't like it much how will she know value of true friend. 

Again my fate cursed me Virat had to go and marry some jungli, village girl just because her father saved his wife. Please Virat is ACP if any junior saves his life it was their duty. But no Virat had to marry that girl. I looked at that girl she was extremely beautiful more than Pakhi beti also. I was deeply hurt. On rubbing salt on my wounds Ashwini had to go ahead and deny my strict orders and accepted that Sai. This is highly disrespectful to me. I was going to Ninad for asking him to warn Ashwini not to take too much interest in that girl. 

The brat was already became burden on us. I had promised one of my friends to look for Virat's proposal for her daughter. All this went to drain. I think Virat will listen to Pakhi at least. As I was crossing Virat's room I saw that girl was sleeping hugging Ashwini and Ninad was looking at them lovingly. Again I was lost. I felt like outsider. I was no one to them. It was like looking at perfect family mother daughter and father. I felt like I was interfering. Ninad had become lost cause before that Sai. I knew it. I can't get one fact but how can one person has so much love inside herself. I mean Ashwini met that girl just few hours back and they were bonding already. Ashwini didn't let me enjoy motherhood for sons which I longed for. Now she did not even let me select bride for Virat too accepting this teenager over my choice. I lost today. Ninad turned around and I saw regret in his eyes. I knew Ninad after remorse  will support me only as always. Virat dashed towards his room and saw both of us. I was going to call Virat but Ashwini beat me to it and asked him to sleep with Ninad for tonight as she was going to stay with Sai. Why should Virat sacrifice his room for that girl? No Virat just nodded his head and left with Ninad.

I was proved wrong today. I faced failure again.

Today Ashwini showed me that though I was head of the house she ruled Chavan Mansion ultimately.

To be continued...

Thank you so much for the compliments. From whose point of view I should write next pls reply in comment section. I have not thought about it much but may be Mohit or Karishma or new angle Shivani. images courtesy google. Comment if possible.