Part 43

NINAD POV,

It was party night where all Chavans were invited. I was little proud on myself that Sai now regarded me as somehow between family and go to person if something is needed. This pleasure of someone looks up at you is really refreshing and feel good. It not like my Virat did not respect me but he always was a little mama's boy and later in his puberty age became more distant from me. hence Sai requesting me to ask favor from Bhavani vahini was ok thing for me. I readily agreed for it. with little efforts Bhavani vahini agreed also. I came in our room.

"Toh maan gyi Bhavani vahini apne pyaare devar ki baatein?"

"Yes aur pyaara devar vaigra kuch nhi haan "

"Haan unko toh manana hi tha"

"aur nhi to kya ek min what do you mean unko toh manana hi tha?"

"Woh chodo kya kuch kud kud ki kya unhonne?"

"Haan thodi ki. Ashwini kya kud kud ? She was proud that our family was invited for such honorable occasion."

"Oh so ..."

"Itna zhoot chalta hai Ashwini.."

"Bhavani vahini ko manana tumhare toh baiyne haath ka khel hi Ninad! When has she ever ignored you?"

"Ashwini!"

" its ok all of family is coming that's something. All is well that ends well."

Next day was total chaos Bhavani vahini, Sonali, Manasi all were getting ready as though it was marriage  ceremony in the house. I mean its just a celebration party and that too in the evening. Ashwini was cool as usual but ironically she was forcing  Shivani to go for parlor and insisting for new hairstyle. weird isn't it? Patralekha was also taking part and showing enthusiasm in party, I was glad she was showing some interest after long time. Today I decided to mange to give them some alone time even if its as short as car ride. She will look pretty today.  For one moment I thought to ask Ashwini to stop pampering Shivani and tell her to help Patralekha but next moment I swiped the mere thought and as though Ashwini sensed my thoughts and glared sat me. I tell you this woman.  One thing I might not admit in front of all my family but whatever and however all women try Ashwini was going to rock the simplest and still stylish wear in every way possible. Shivani owns boutique so its obvious she looks like a fashion diva all the time. But Ashwini has more experience and  grace and knows how to dress in such parties.  I always admire Bhavani vahini and other women in my family for maintaining status of Chavan khaandan but in such parties their dressing styles old fashioned at the best. It looks like they wandered off from some marriage ceremony. What the! What I am actually thinking ? I am gossiping and thinking like woman now a days. 

Soon it was evening, Mohit and Karishma were first one to ready and come down. They were in proper go to formal party look not too much but classy. This thing about our youngest generation of Chavan family I will never admit even at gun point that Mohit and Karishma complete each other. What Mohit does or doesn't is different story but they truly are made for each other, support each other. I just wish Mohit may get one fine job it will be easier to support him atleast. Bhavani vahini detest sons of family not working and Mohit is always wandering different cities I don't know why he refused Patralekha's advice on his career she really is concerned about this family. She is future of Bhavani vahini in this house.
Next came Mansi, Bhavani Vahini and Omi and Sonali. As I had guessed earlier all of them looking like they recently came from some marriage ceremony aur time nhi tha toh vaise hi aagye. Pata nhi Virat ke colleges humari family ko dekh kr kya bolenge.
Shivani today was in fashion Diva avtaar. She always dresses prim n proper but today she looked like taken extra efforts to look pretty. Touchwood  nazar na lge kisi ki. You guys might be surprised but yes I do love my sister. She is my baby sister afterall. I will always love her even though I don't like her flirty or careless nature.
I had so many Hopes from Patralekha as she arrive I was slightly disappointed as she followed chavan khandaan and had draped heavy saree but she also was looking beautiful, Virat was going to be flat on her today. Everyone had arrived apart from Sai, Ashwini and Virat himself.
"Jarur yeh jungli mulgi humse wait karwa rhi hai Patralekha beta jra dekhna Virat ko niche bulana jra"
"Koi jarurat nhi hai Bhavani vahini Virat aur Sai jra late ayenge aaj Sai ko college se lekar Virat aane wala tha wo aa jayenge hume lgta hai hum aage chalte hai"
Shivani spoke .
"Bhavani mami I have some work mai baad mein aungi"
Good Patralekha was real friend waiting for Virat.
"Aur yeh Ashwini kyun itna vakta le rhi hai tayar hone mein ab is Umar mein kaun dekhne vala hoga iske taraf?"
If only Bhavani Vahini knew.
Virat and Sai entered and were deeply engrossed in their conversation to notice us.
" Nhi Virat sir couple watch is best option he will like that only"
"Please Sai DIG sir ko perfumes pasand hai mera wala gift hi behtar hai...."
"Virat you came please  ready ho jao Maine tumhare liye kapde taiyar rkhe hai" Patralekha will make good wife one day.
"Haan kyun nhi Patralekha jra bahar Jake ke dekhogi ki school bus aayi hai kya"
Ashwini had taken her special  entry with usual sarcastic aura. I turned to look at her and reached almost 20 years back when we were young and I was deployed in Delhi . Ashwini still looked same. She had same sharp and dazzling features and would make any man turn back at least twice. I was glad that we were going there as Virat's parents. She was totally killing her simple but appropriate saree for today's function.