Part 44

Pulkit POV,

I was invited for Nagpur Police  Function. Truth to be told I was really not interested in going some ceremony leaving behind my daughter but as we used to receive local help from Police authority here if anything related to national security occurred I was bound to have social and formal contacts with them. Hence so here I am getting bored and finding opportunity to greet meet and skip and go back to my place as soon as possible. What made the party more interesting was it was karaoke party.  The only social life I do have now a days is attending birthday parties of different cultured kids my daughter befriends and I stand there looking like an awkward additions or her server cum attendant in each of them. This party however was for adult people and for once I was lost on what to do. So I stood in one corner observing  people around. To my utter shock out of all the people I least wanted to meet were the Chavans!!! God its too early to deal with these idiots today and to my fortune they were as usual busy in their self-importance, self- boasting and well every adjective that includes self. (wink, wink). It was easy to dodge them from so many people around I decided to skip intros and call it a day and there stood Sai ready sing next karaoke. Now you may call me partial or little protective of the girl who don't even know or recognize me or who is my mere student, but yes along with Harini she was next important girl in my life she came even before Devyani for me. Here she was singing that too in front of these Aurangzeb  categorized Chavans ! Now this is interesting and I decided to stay.

Sai sang  most tacky song I could ever imagine but it was funny to watch traffic signal of emotions on every Chavans face present there. I mean I may not know Ashwini kaku much but I am well aware of Bhavani kaku and Ninad mama's dynamics from earlier it was a befitting song for them. Next generation of Chavans are only names I am aware about. Samrat though in contact with me I am not so informed about Mohit and Virat actually. I should start searching for them also I guess. On of the younger generation must be Samrat's wife. Why Samrat is not visiting his house or pretending to be MIA is still mystery to me. I mean he is better person of contact for local help you know, Virat being police officer. Well leave it. Soon there was a  dinner announcement  and I decided to follow Chavans from safe distance.  

There I saw someone was sniffing. Because of poor light I couldn't see who it was. I went near that person. It was she actually one of the member of Chavans family then with her trademark loud dressing and accessories. She actually looked on verge of crying at the party itself but now she literally was crying. 

"Um. Hello?"

"Yes Who are you and what do you want?" Rude much haan

"Are you okay? I mean well you are crying" yes I know I know Devi I am jerk who can't talk to woman.

"Haan toh aapse matlab?" What this woman was now unnecessarily being rude to me. 

"Well mam you were crying alone in dark and I  out of humanity was asking for your wellbeing. muzse koi matalab nhi hai is baat ka. Its free country cry as much as you can anywhere but as a medical practitioner I asked you out of courtesy if you are very much happy being alone here enjoy your time I am leaving."

"Happy ? Do I look happy to you? You will never know what love is? What is sacrifice and betrayal jab apne hi apno ko dhoka de na fir  parayon se kya hi ummid ki jaye?" WTF? I absolutely hate such victim playing people. Oh How much I sacrificed? How much bechari I am

"Look woman I don't know what your problem is but I know one thing what ever you are living today na is someone's dream life. So start appreciating the life you have got. Well it's free advice lena hai toh lo nhi to jane do." Honestly this woman irritated me. I left her with her so much pain and sacrificed state only to bump on most unwanted person I have ever met!