Part 36

Pulkit POV

Ten years! It was ten years since I had kept foot not only in Nagpur but Maharashtra itself. My home town, my childhood, my half life was here and I was running from it for what? To keep my other half of life from evils of those so called uchakulin and khandani Chavans. What was my fault? I dared to love their daughter, I dared to eye Chavan Khandaan and tried to have relations with them. Oh how the mere servant boy even thought so? I still remember that voice of Chavan Matriarch Bhavani Chavan spitting fire from her mouth

"Tumhari himmat kaisi hui Nagesh Chavan ke beti ki taraf aankh uthakar dekhne ki? Samzte kya ho apne aap ko do chaar degree kya mil gyi apne aap ko humare kabil samzne lage. We showed you mercy and you began dreaming living life of king. You were, are and will remain servant only. Get out from here. I don't want Chavan blood polluted by weakling like you."

Anyone who doesn't know Bhavani Kakusaheb would have thought what a loving mother she was, threatening a road side Romeo to stop harassing her daughter but I knew better. Bhavani Chavan had not an ounce of love felt for her daughter. Actually love was last thing she felt about Devyani. First I thought kakusaheb was biased towards boys in her house, or she was disappointed because only she had daughter and other two of her sister-in-laws were oh so blessed with sons. If she had ever paid attention to her daughter she could have felt proud that her daughter was not only brilliant, pretty and such pleasurable human being but highly educated and trained doctor too. Alas it was lost cause. Bhavani kakusaheb always found something to criticize in her. Later on I discovered the fact that Bhavani Chavan was not old way woman but she was utterly and plain jealous woman. Yes!! she was jealous of her own daughter!!!

Going against her and her minions her brother-in-laws Devyani and I got married. I even started applying in highly influential hospitals to raise my social level al things were too good to be true. One day Devyani just disappeared. She was one of those cowards to just go back running to her house on some trivial matters. After two days of searching I found breadcrumbs of clues left by her in our house itself. She had left her pregnancy's reports back in cupboard. Aww we were going to be parents. What a beautiful phase of ones life. Especially when you are orphan longing for your own family. Bhavani Chavan did not even let us our parenthood also. I tried hard to convince them but it all went avail. I decided to keep eye on them from far. It was one call from hospital Devyani was admitted at dark midnights of November that started my life on run....

Run from whom?

From Chavans. Apparently Chavans (senior ones I think women of Chavan family aprt from Bhavani kaku and juniors were even aware about it) had not only tried to kill the baby yes my baby but sold it to some shoddy orphanage cum brothel business party for three lakhs mere three lakhs. This was price of our love. This???

That day my trust on every single Chavans was diminished. No those were not humans they were animals even worse than that. I even filed police complaint against them, but even police officers were also in deny that Nagesh Chavan's daughter was ever in relationship with me and /i was the one who was trapping her. Well played Bhavani Chavan well played. I decided to search for my daughter on my own. I toiled for continuous eighteen months went to every suspicious place where these illegal activities took place. I even helped many raids on such kind of brothels helped children, girls, women there, treated their wounds. In every other sequel of baby reminded me of our daughter. On one of my escapades I met with Mr. Kamal Joshi he was in charge of the raid conducted in Dharavi slum areas Mumbai. Finally after one year I took my angel my daughter in my hands. I was overjoyed. HE the incarnation of god itself Mr. Kamal Joshi had saved my daughter that day. Over 1500 babies were illegally being shifted off to Singapore via ships. My daughter was one of them. Mr. Joshi was tipped off and had rather bravely saved every single baby on that ship. Later when I went to express my gratitude to him I saw him talking rather animatedly on phone. I then and there recognized that this was not Police officer Kamal Joshi but father who was talking to his beloved princess just like my angel.