Part 30

Sorry guys I promised Devyani POV but couldn't find it in me to go further with her. It might be show or it might be I am happy and can't write solemn character now so decided to write Ninad POV but I will surely update next with Devyani. Now lets proceed with story. 

Ninad POV

It was golden opportunity for both Virat and Patralekha to clear out all the confusion and misunderstanding between them. Ashwini was truly becoming hurdle in her own son's happiness. I mean seriously make three tickets to Shimla? Sai too seems not interested in travelling and it's reasonable, I guess I should try and sway Sai from going with them. I decided to pick up Sai from her college today.  As decided I went down surprisingly everything was clear I walked slowly towards  front door and stopped dead when heard voice of my dear wife.

"Ninad apne hi ghar mein choron ki tarah  kyun ghum rhe ho?" 

"Ashwini !do you make practice of giving me heart- attack?"

"Kahin ja rhe ho?"

"Nothing just wanted to have a walk in town"

"And does that walk include car keys and National Nagpur medical College? Just asking you know?"

Day by day Ashwini is becoming bolder and frank with me. I don't understand that is she finally trusting me or she is she being plain protective Ashwini? Whatever I still decided to answer her.

"Why do you want to come with me? or the stint you pulled today morning is not enough?"

"Why what did I do?"

"Please now don't be innocent you are not definitely. Do you have any idea how official military works? "

"Ninad now you are being unreasonable. Sai is native there  she might be useful for them."

"Ashwini I was not born yesterday you purposely bought Sai between Patralekha and Virat "

"Sai is not between Virat and Patralekha"

"Is it necessary to poke me while going out ?"

"Are nhi mein toh bas bata rhi thi Sai Virat aur Patralekha ke saath jayegi vrna koi nhi jayega?"

"tumhe lagta hai aisa hoga?"

"muze pata hai aisa hi hoga. By the way take Harley if you want Sai seems to enjoy the ride."

"Oh I don't want Sai in my favor you know"

"Hmm I never said you need Sai's favor " and she left abruptly like she came.

Well I don't need Ashwini's worthless advice but I was strangely craving bike ride so took out Harley. It was twilight when I reached Sai's college, all the campus was colorful and white coat donned children wandering laughing loitering around. It is truly said a single walk in youthful campus of any college has power to increase your age by at least five to ten years. Ahh innocence's and carefree ness of youth. Some of the young guys and girls admired my bike and said hello.  I decided to look for Sai. 

There stood Sai hands and arms full of bag, books, jacket and water bottle laughing with large group of friends. She seems popular in college. 

"Sai" 

"Ninad baba you here? What a pleasant surprise !" Sai seems happy watching me. chalo first step crossed now I only have to convince her somehow to not to go on trip to Shimla.

"Hey guys this is my FIL Ninad baba." Sai finally decided to introduced me and somewhere in mind it stung that I was still her FIL. Ninad focus be practical. Make sure she will be your daughter always but later. First thing first. I smiled at her friends.
"Sai c'mon today I decided to pick you up shall we?"
"Sure baba" Sai answered and we  came to bike
"Mohit dada's bike????" Sai literally squealed I covered my ears.
"Baba shall I please please ??"
"No Sai " I was alert suddenly. If she drives bike anything like Samrat or Virat drive then I believe I love head over my shoulders thank you very much.
"Sai how about when we reach near out house I let you drive haan?"
"Please na baba I promise I will drive safely please just one time na Mohit dada don't even let me look at it today is opportunity please?"
Her puppy dogs eyes were even powerful than Devi. I still  remember how we  Devi and I used to have ride on bike like this. I reluctantly gave Sai keys and were actually on roads of Nagpur.Sai actually was good biker.
"Sai take turn to left there is bun maska centre from my days me and my friends used to come before joining NDA."
"Ok baba"
We went to old cosy cafe and ordered two coffee with sandwiches.
"So baba why so special treatment today?"
Sai was one smart cookie.
" Sai as you have guessed correct yes I will come directly to the point see bala you have recently joined college and your studies might have started too. So.."
"So I should not go with Virat sir and Patralekha vahini on Shimla trip right?"
God this girl is straightforward but yes it made my tough job slightly easier. I decided to try my luck further.
"Not exactly Sai I just want you to rethink I mean think about  your studies and other things and then only take appropriate decision"
Sai looked at me and smirked slightly. Suddenly on her face something flashed and it striked combination between Ashwini and someone I knew long way back. As fast as it came it disappeared in same speed quickly.
"You know what Ninad baba I also don't want to go there.After aai' s death Aba and I never visited Shimla not even to square away our house."
" Where did you live?"
" Near kulchawala baag centre"
Kulchawala baag it was oddly familiar yet faint memory for me. I decided to make upto Sai.
" Sai you know me and my friends used to hang here almost all the time after college it was famous place here"
" Aww that's so cool the ancient feel here really gives  peace. So baba what's plan?"
" Plan what plan i didn't get you?"
"C'mon baba stop acting like I am a kid military man and you don't even have backup plan impossible. Woh kehte hai na adm military ko chod skta hai par military admi ko nhi"
Smart girl caught me too right.
"Yes I may have plan but promise me you will not disclose my name deal?"
"Deal"
This is how Sai and I wandered on bike freely went to Naag river eat almost every junk offered by chaupati there and returned Chavan Niwas at night.
We slipped into Sai's and Virat' s room quitely. Sai really needs a study room for her studies. Virat's room actually looks like book stall and godown of papers with all of Sai's notes books, lab coats and what not. If my plan works out properly and Virat and Patralekha beti goes to Shimla trip without Sai I promise I will set up best study room for Sai. Infact I was ready to refurnish Devi's old study room near her bedroom. With Sai going to college happily she reminds me of old Devi eager to learn and enjoy life. If only I had guts to stand up for her ....and that Pul... Just leave it.
As we were joking and having good laugh over some trivial matter Virat came like freshly blooming flower face and almost did not notice me.
"SAI"
" Hey Virat you came from your face it looks like you got leave" i decided to take matters in my hands before I have to witness something which may break my resolve to unite Patralekha and Virat.
"Yes baba I got leave that's what actually I was going to tell Sai "
Sometimes Virat and Sai actually set couple goals making them look like made for each other. But this makes difficult for me and confuse me whether I am doing right or wrong.
I decided to give some time to virat to refresh. Looking at Sai casually passing Virat towel joking with her ached in my mind.I came out of room and there stood Patralekha. She thought no one could see her hidden by beam but mixture of sadness and logging on her face made my resolve strengthen. No Patralekha and Virat only was future not Sai. I will always have love for Sai in my mind but my son will be my priority. Yes my plan must work.

Hey hi guys. I just needed some starting point for Devyani. Will try to write about it but point is her role in serial never goes further. I mean kuch toh treatment hogi na. Yes read comment if possible. And image courtesy google.