Part 6

Hey guys I am back again. thank you so much for your valuable comments. I as so confused today about with whose perspective to write. so in order to progress with story I have written this part from third point  of view. After this chapter I will definitely write from  Mohit's or  Samrat's point of view. About Omi and  Sonali's POV  they are not much important in my story still will write their POV.

It was sleep less nights for almost everyone in the Chavan Niwas. Virat was awake because of his decisions were going to affect Pakhi his old flame, his mother who one of the other day is going to confront him and his answers were not ready. He was turning and twisting continuously. (may be change of sleeping place ) Another soul beside him was awake. Ninad was awake in his son's worry for the first time. For the first time he felt how it is to be a father. There Bhavani was awake scheming how to tackle this sudden situation. If her guess was correct Shivani was returning tomorrow and Ashwini had phoned Mohit and Karishma to return from god knows where. Those were the people who never asked or took permission from her anytime. Shivani was always considered as lost cause of family. She did not want opposition to increase against her. She did not want Virat to stray  further away from her. Sonali and Omi were gossiping in their room. Sonali always enjoyed some kind of drama in the house then be it on expense of her own DIL Karishma or Ashwini. They quite kept clear of Patralekha as she was favorite of  Bhavani vahini. Now tables were seem to be turned. Sai did not resemble Ashwini keeping quite and not uttering any word this gonna be interesting for them. 

Another individual that was sleepless and she was Ashwini. The sudden but pleasant entry of such a sweet girl in her life was actually god's blessing. She always wanted a daughter which she never couldn't get in Devi as Bhavani vahini was irritating person with dominant streak in her. Now Ashwini got her own anger her own daughter and everyone knows how much protective she is about her children. Ashwini will complete her every dream that Sai watched or will watch. With determination she dialed to call Samrat. For all of the family Samrat was MIA. The joy she saw in Patralekha's eyes was killing Ashwini again and again. This confirmed her stance of making divorce papers on Samrat's behalf even stronger. She just wanted to clear it with Virat once if it was one sided obsession of Pakhi or actually full fledged affair. Ashwini had already called Mohit and now waiting for Karishma's call. Meanwhile she went to kitchen to bring warm milk for Sai as that girl had not eaten a single thing today. As she entered kitchen she saw Virat doing something at kitchen slab. 

"What happened Virat what are you doing?" Ashwini asked surprised.

"Nothing much was hungry " Virat answered and equally avoiding his mother's piercing gaze.

"You don't have to hide anything from me Virat. I am not going to eat you You can share anything with me you know it. I will not force you to open up but just keep in mind Samrat told me what he knew" Ashwini explained delicately. Virat jerked and looked at her with shocked expression. 

Suddenly all Ashwini wanted to do was to gather Virat in her arms and hide him away from world. 

She somehow gathered herself and softly said "Chalo leave it tell me what you are making actually is it going to be edible as you seem quite distracted" 

Virat chuckled faintly "Yes madam chef it will be I am making white sauce pasta as you know its my specialty." 

As per many rules and regulations laid down by the great Bhavani Chavan it was one of the rules that mens of Chavan niwas never cooked. It is sole duty and work of women of the house. Why should a man who comes home after long day of work should do such trivial choruses like cooking. Ashwini had different mind set. It was such reverse backwards thinking and all so called reputated uchkulin Chavans stand by it. Ashwini wanted her children to be independent in every sense. It is not about men or women but every one who can eat na then should have at least basic knowledge of cooking. She had taken matters into her hands. When Bhavani went to business parties with Omi and Ninad and Sonali used to go for her kitty parties and used to visit her mother the kitchen of Chavan Niwas became learning school for all three boys. Sometimes Shivani also used to contribute in teaching various dishes. It became routine for her children to learn at least a new recipe for month. Now Ashwini's boys were so proficient in cooking that they could cook from purnpoli   to creme-brulee with equal ease. As Samrat was posted to various places in India he bought different recipes from all over India. The midnight chefs of Chavan house were always active.