Part 47

Ashwini POV,

The doorbell ranged. It was three o'clock of afternoon. Must be Sai only. I had one ITR filing today so it was late lunch for me. Before I could even wash my hands and proceed towards door it was opened already. Of course it was Ninad.

"Sai you came? Good look I am waiting for you let's have a lunch together"

"Yes baba see I bought special khaman Dhokle from our regulars."

It seems my presence was not noticed till now. Both FIL ( who more likely wants to be called as father of Sai and not sasur) and DIL were oblivious that one plate was already on the table busy in their fast food sharing.

"baba you take that one big piece I have more aur meri pasand ki subji bhi hai."

"nhi nhi Sai agar Ashwini ne muze ye sab khate hue dekh liya to vaise bhi meri class lagegi so tum khao maine bhi liya hai na dekho"

"Kitna kam liya liya hai chupchap ek aur piece khao."

"Sai sach bolu toh iski jarurat nhi thi. Tum aa gyi yhi kaafi hai aur tum ye piece khao beta vaise bhi tumhari umar hai khane ki pata nhi bahar khati bhi ho ya nhi. Vaise bhi yha rehti bhi nhi ho aaj kal."

"baba aap firse shuru ho gye?"

God this scene was total 90s over concerned mother pampering her daughter and it was time to make them aware of my existence.

"haan Ninad tum fir shuru ho gye? aaj Dhokla khaye jaa rha hai?"

"Oh hey hi Ashwini"

"Aai it was me I am eating dhokla baba to bas company de rhe the hai na?"

"Yes yes"

"a likely Cock-and-bull story Right?"

"No Ashwini aai tell us you here for? "

"Well it's my kitchen n dining table too and now if you guys don't mind my presence I will like to take my lunch with you what do you think Ninad?"

And to my surprise Ninad actually seems annoyed with the prospectus o me being there with them. I mean really that's why Virat becomes angry and irritated with Ninad tagging Sai everywhere every time she comes over Chavan Niwas.

Yes Ladies n gentleman it was total six months from that dreaded Sunday noon where Chavan Niwas witnessed which was both good and bad day for all the Chavans and two Salunkhes. But its story of another day.  Now back to these two fast food addicts. 

"So Sai finally found a path for Chavan Niwas? bahot jaldi nhi ayi tum ? sirf teen hafte hi to huve hai hume milke kyun Ninad?"

"Aswhini let it be na! C'mon Sai why don't you finish your lunch first."

Ninad totally is team Sai, I don't know why I try understand their conversations. I took my half eaten or barely eaten plate to go into Drawing room away from their fast food commentary or drooling.

"vaise Sai tumhara pet nhi bhrta na jab tak bahar ki gandgi pet mein nhi jaat? I thought you were on diet?" I literally love to needle Sai and taunt Ninad subtly because it's more harmful for Ninad than Sai being young n healthy active daily routine. Ever since Sai left n found a place to stay it was Ninad who was affected the most after Virat of course, but Virat had his job to take care of Ninad however was disappointed neglected his morning walks or came down for his daily panchayat with Bhavani vahini. It was actually funny to see Ninad pining for someone who is not Bhavani for a change. 

"Aisi baat nhi hai Ashwini Sai strictly follow all the diet and for weekends she has cheat day" Ninad the ever efficient lawyer came out. 

"Yes Ashi ma I eat all the home cooked food and on weekends only baba n I do cheat days."